Getting Down

I had a baby nine weeks ago and my weight shot up from 10st 4 to 13'8. After I had my baby I am now 11'4 but need to be around 9st'7 as I am only 5ft2". I have maintained my weight for the past two weeks and eating healthily yet nothing is coming off, I have been going to the gym and understand building muscle is probably stopping me losing weight.
Any suggestions on foods to lose weight?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Losing weight is all about how much you eat in relation to how much you burn. There are no magic foods to eat. Your diary is closed so it's tough to give advice without knowing specifics. How much are you eating and how much are you burning.

You probably aren't building any significant muscle if you're eating at a caloric deficit. You're more likely to be retaining water to help cushion and heal your muscles and that's masking any fat loss.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Certain foods won't make you lose weight. Gaining muscle is extremely difficult if not impossible while eating at a deficit.

Make sure you are eating enough. Make sure you are properly measuring your food. Make sure you are recording everything.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    You gotta gotta get up to get down.

I won't recommend any foods, though I like to avoid anything that goes down too easy. (did I just say that?!)

If you're just getting started, I have two things for you:

Figure out what your TDEE is & subtract 15% & eat that much.
    Log. Log everything. Use a scale. Log like it's your job.

ETA: I will add that you should eat more protein than MFP suggests. You will probably lose muscle, but you will lose less if you eat more protein, and the last few pounds will come off easier & you will look better if you lose less muscle.