Body Flow at Goodlife

Options
Just wondering if people have thoughts on how many calories to log for a Body Flow class? Good Life advertises that you burn up to 390 per class, MFP says about 240, which is probably more accurate since it takes my stats into consideration, and yesterday I wore a FitBit to class and it said 110. I think it might be best just to go with the lowest number. Or stop eating exercise calories.

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I prefer to use the TDEE method to set my calorie goal- you use your stats and average exercise level to figure out your TDEE (maintenance calories) and then subtract your preferred deficit for weight loss (I like a deficit of around 300 which is a little more than a 1/2 pound per week loss rate. A deficit of 500 is a 1 pound per week deficit, etc). This way I don't need to figure out my exercise calories and I eat the same amount of calories every day regardless of if I did exercise that day or not. No entering exercise, needing to figure out exercise calories, eating back exercise calories, etc.

You might want to try this method if figuring out calories burned and eating back exercise calories isn't working for you.

There are several free TDEE calculators available online- you can just google that- I'd suggest using a few and averaging the results.

You can adjust your daily calorie goal manually in the "goals" menu.