Post your mom/dad fails here

Options
serapel
serapel Posts: 502 Member
Today I forgot it was Dec 1st and forgot to open the Advent calendar. Chocolate after school is better anyway.

And I forgot to move that damn Elf on the Shelf. He's still hanging upside down in the Christmas tree; same spot as yesterday.

Sometimes when I forget, I move the Elf hoping my son won't see me and then I say, "Where's Elfie? Have you seen him this morning?"

Total momfail..

Replies

• thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The mom fail was creating a secondary conspiracy / web of lies concerning mythical Christmas characters (flying reindeer).

The rest is just fantastic parenting. You HAVE an advent calendar. You are making memorable, loving environs for your children and playful memories. You are tending to their spiritual needs as well. Plus, chocolate is involved. Not doing these perfectly is not a fail. Hugs to you for loving your babies!

• kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    serapel wrote: »
    Today I forgot it was Dec 1st and forgot to open the Advent calendar. Chocolate after school is better anyway.

And I forgot to move that damn Elf on the Shelf. He's still hanging upside down in the Christmas tree; same spot as yesterday.

Sometimes when I forget, I move the Elf hoping my son won't see me and then I say, "Where's Elfie? Have you seen him this morning?"

Total momfail..

My daughter caught me moving the elf a few years ago. It was a hard one to get out of. I think I told her he fell an I was just helping him back up. I didn't even want to get that stupid thing, but was bullied into. As if it wasn't bad enough that they would come home talking about how all their friends had them the stupid teachers put one in their classroom.
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I tried doing the Nae Nae and my son told me I failed at life. Currently learning how to Whip on Quan so that I can become a winner at life.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I never started the Elf on the shelf thing.
    Parenting win.
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I secretly hate elf on the shelf and will not subject my own kids to it.
    I debate unfriending Facebook friends because of their constant updates.
    Sorry kids!

I also didn't buy and advent calendars this year. Haha.
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Oh eff, I totally spaced that freaking Elf. Huge fail. Actually we have two elves. One of the "typical" elves, and one from when my ex was a kid. So they hide together. And they always end up in weird positions because they hide together. So they're sort of like the "Ambiguously Gay Duo" of the elf world. I have some weird photos from Christmases past. Pretty sure that's an epic fail....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    That reminds me...I'm supposed to pick up the kids today from school.

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what the Elf is and at this point I'm afraid to ask
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Oh eff, I totally spaced that freaking Elf. Huge fail. Actually we have two elves. One of the "typical" elves, and one from when my ex was a kid. So they hide together. And they always end up in weird positions because they hide together. So they're sort of like the "Ambiguously Gay Duo" of the elf world. I have some weird photos from Christmases past. Pretty sure that's an epic fail....

Now I'd like to see that.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    My son is 23 and still wont eat his veg :(
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    When my kids are bickering and fighting I say "that's it! I'm going to bed early!!!" And they hate that lol. I don't know why because I'm not saying that they have to go to bed early.....

Your kids love you!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    When my kids are bickering and fighting I say "that's it! I'm going to bed early!!!" And they hate that lol. I don't know why because I'm not saying that they have to go to bed early.....

Obviously you're an, awesome Mother! Hence why, they want you; to be awake!