The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• hydrostation
    hydrostation Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    amsmar2850 wrote: »
    I’m 44...back to where I started two years ago, and kinda mad at myself. A full time job after 17 years, and I went off the rails. I know what to do this time, and support is the only way to do it imo. Just trying to find balance, and stay positive 😄

Life is a constant learning experience. Now you are 10x better than before and will be able to execute far better. Hard to believe you're 44.
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'll be 40 in November. Always welcome new friends.
  • AbbyMchappy
    AbbyMchappy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey All, I'm 40 and need to lose a bunch!!!
  • VectorPrim3
    VectorPrim3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    45yr guy in New Zealand here, a few weeks into my 20kg fat loss goal, which I hope to put back on as muscle. I have 3 young kids I want to keep up with and set a good example for.
    Feel free to add me if you can relate 🙏
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Happy hump day!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday my middle aged friends. I survived curling but only barely last night we played like crap. I felt like crap. Today inhave no one vying for my time sonim gonna go skate!!! Like at my actual rink. I'm so excited
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Middle age... yeah.. okay, middle is good .. except on an airplane.... I'm Vikki, 47.. here at my last attempt to lose this weight and get into fighting shape... Feel free to add me, I got rid of social media to focus on myself, so I need all the motivation I can get from people on the same journey.. :)
  • fFinfan66
    fFinfan66 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    mcaproni wrote: »
    Hello. I'm Max from Chicago, and am new here and looking for motivation. I'm 53 and weigh 205. My goal is to get to 190 by Memorial Day. Looking for friends so that we can help each other on our respective journeys. Thanks!

Welcome Max,It all starts with a disire and will.I ,myself am 55 and started at 220 in Nov/2018.Down to 200 lbs as of today,You got this,keep movin & shakin🏋️‍♀️
  • zram0304
    zram0304 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning! my first time here with the middle agers I just turned 37 on March 4, and i have found out that dropping the weigh has not been easy going on a year now. Can i find meal plans here on myfitness pal?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    zram0304 wrote: »
    Good morning! my first time here with the middle agers I just turned 37 on March 4, and i have found out that dropping the weigh has not been easy going on a year now. Can i find meal plans here on myfitness pal?

I haven't seen meal plans here. Someone else may chime in with some information. You can use the food logging feature and save your regular meals there. That's what I did and it works for me.

• jfarns1234
    jfarns1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    42 and just starting out at 250. shooting for 220.
  • chrisrose9731
    chrisrose9731 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Does 35 count...I’m 21 in my mind and feel 57 in my bones some days! Age is just a number right, until it qualifies you for senior discounts and then you own that shi...ummm...so hi :) I’m Christina.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    So there's an event next year. The Olympics for old people as my friends and I are calling it. The girls I usually skate with want to get a team together and enter. We just need 1 more person and we have enough to enter. It's going to be a pretty cool event. We have to take the Olympic oath and there will be an opening and closing ceremonies. Can't wait
  • chrisrose9731
    chrisrose9731 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That’s really cool!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I know right. There are 2 sports I could participate in actually.
    I'm gonna be busy but at least now I have a reason to get in tip top shape
  • EVguy1
    EVguy1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    fFinfan66 wrote: »
    mcaproni wrote: »
    Hello. I'm Max from Chicago, and am new here and looking for motivation. I'm 53 and weigh 205. My goal is to get to 190 by Memorial Day. Looking for friends so that we can help each other on our respective journeys. Thanks!

Welcome Max,It all starts with a disire and will.I ,myself am 55 and started at 220 in Nov/2018.Down to 200 lbs as of today,You got this,keep movin & shakin🏋️‍♀️

Welcome Max,
    Just to help motivate, I’m 58 and have lost 46 pounds in less than 6 months, I just stay with it and log everything to stay focused.
  • jnveed
    jnveed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    36 and quite a beginner. Was redirected here when looking for my old time friend ‘caloriecount’. :)
  • JLose65
    JLose65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    56 and need some friends here to continue this journey!
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    58 and a veteran here...but a dumb one for cancelling my old account.
  • SoulBro7
    SoulBro7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Antoine. I’m 43 and checking in from Baltimore County, MD.