Belly button piercings-trashy or cute?

Options
2»

Replies

• StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If you want to get your belly button pierced, go for it! Your body, your happiness. I always wanted my nose pierced and finally stopped overthinking it and just did it a few weeks ago. I LOVE it. It looks like I've had it forever.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking I would get one after I'm done having babies as a reward for getting back to a healthy weight. I think if you like them, go for it. I only know two people who have them. One is the least trashy person I've ever met. The other is just a normal person. I personally don't associate them with being trashy.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    trashy...(I don't really care or have an opinion, I just wanted to be that person...)
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    One of the sexiest piercings on a woman to me. While it is sexy i dont think its trashy.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting my belly button pierced because I really like the way it looks,

Quoting the most important part of your post. That's all the answer you need, if you like it go for it and forget what anyone else thinks.

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Personal choice. Probably not going to get one myself, however. Or a tattoo on the small of my back.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I got mine pierced in 2001, infected from the start, did everything I could to make it heal right. The best thing I did was take it out. Although I had wanted to do it for a while, I was okay with letting it close up...I prefer to get tattoos anyway. BUT the good thing about a piercing is that you can try it out and if you decide it's not for you, you can let it close with minimal scarring (if it's not infected).

As for the 90's, I am so happy that I can finally buy flannel shirts again!!!

ETA: I forgot to answer the question. It's trashy if you think it's trashy, cute if you think it's cute. Own your decisions and you won't worry about others' opinions of you or what you do.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »

I've always wanted one but my body loves to reject new piercings so I've never tried. I'll probably just leave it with my three piercings in each ear and one in my nose.

My wife did hers and never could get it to "take". She tried 3+ times and kept having to take it out due to rejection. FWIW.
  • trail_hermit
    trail_hermit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. The female form is perfect the way it is, whatever form it takes. Nothing made by another human can improve it. It's like sticking plastic mannequin arms onto the Venus de Milo. It's an awkward distraction.

However, its just a piercing. It will grow back after you remove it and it IS your temple to decorate. :)
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am in the You Do You camp, but that said...

I had mine done two different times when I was in my 20s and If I wore anything with a "normal" waistline or tucked a shirt in, it would push on that piercing and hurt like a mutha, no matter what kind of jewelry I had in it. Also, one of the reasons I had to have it done twice was weight loss/gain/loss - my skin was changing so I opted to let the original heal and then repierce. So if you're in the process of a body overhaul, you might want to make it a reward for when you're fully through.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and I just had mine done this summer. I absolutely love it! My boyfriend was afraid it would look trashy, but now he's decided it's quite sexy. It's also good motivation not to slack on my abs. Five extra pounds and it will be buried like hidden treasure. :lol:
  • 65percentsolution
    65percentsolution Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's cute, regardless of what size or age the woman happens to be. It's really a personal thing though. If YOU think it's cute, then it is. If not, then don't get one. The only people calling it "trashy" are probably pretty trashy themselves. For reference, my spouse has one, and she, like me, is neither young, nor thin. It's still cute.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Cute. But more importantly, if having your belly button pierced makes you feel cute, then by all means get one. :)
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I like girls who have belly button rings