Former Avid Runner and...

Options
Ann262
Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
sub-four hour marathoner. I am 56 and the heaviest and most out of shape I have ever been. I am determined to turn that around.

I am looking for friends to go with me on this journey.

Let's support each other!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm a runner as well. Currently only HALF crazy, as I've only done HALF marathons. :lol: Considering going full-crazy at some point in the next year or two though. I'm planning two halfs next year. We'll see how they go, then I might decide. :)

Welcome to MFP - this site helped me lose and keep off 70 pounds (though I'm currently back up a few, thanks to a lackadaisical attitude for logging honestly lately). I also found a love of running thanks to this website. There is a long-distance runners group that I love full of other runners, if you're interested. Here's the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/94-long-distance-runners
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner ☺

Was in training for an Ultra but broke my ankle, so will have to start from nothing again as soon as I get cleared to run.

Feel free to add (anyone welcome)
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm a 60 year old runner. Much slower than you, but I try. I'm hoping to do another marathon (I've done two in the past two years) next spring, if I can get past some current issues with anemia that are affecting my energy. Too much travel and too little running this summer got my weight up, but I'm getting back to my usual weight, thanks to MFP and a more regular schedule.
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Nice to meet you! One of my goals for 2017 is go half crazy! Oh, Marika, OUCH!! I am so sorry about your ankle. spiriteagle99, you will do that marathon! I am not sure that you are slower than me but, regardless, who cares! I hope you get the anemia issues figured out and get your energy back. If you do, I know there will be another marathon in your future.
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I've just started up running again after a recurring knee injury. Determined to stick with my rehab plan to prevent it happening again, especially since I now have a 4 legged running buddy. I've done one half marathon in the past and would love to do another. My diary is open and I always welcome new friends :)