Hey I am new!

Options
Vio687
Vio687 Posts: 9 Member
Okay I have finally decided to get serious about loosing weight, my doctor recommended this site, and I am excited to see the pounds melt away.

I am a truck driver and well sit on my butt all day and I eat on the run all of the time and since taking this job about 2.5 years ago I have gained over 40 pounds. I am not getting any younger and I understand it gets harder with age so it is passed time to get motivated and make this happen.

I am trying to get another job but it isn't as easy as you may think even with over 13 years driving experience. I am looking forward to any ideas or comments.:smile:

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is the best!!:flowerforyou:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You will find this site easy to use and the support is great. Eating while being a driver is a challenge but I am sure it can be done.
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Welcome! I completely understand your situation. I am married to a truck driver, he's been driving for 23 years now. He lost over 70 pounds and has kept it off for the past 5 years! He has a fridge in his truck so he could take healthy foods on the road with him. When he was forced to eat in a truck stop, he would stick to salads and chicken mostly. The truck stops are quite the challenge I've been told. He started with small changes like parking further away in the parking lot, and when he is home he runs. He hated it in the beginning, but now we are signed up for our third half marathon this November. You can totally do this! And you will get all the help and support you need here at MFP. Good luck!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Okay I have finally decided to get serious about loosing weight, my doctor recommended this site, and I am excited to see the pounds melt away.

I am a truck driver and well sit on my butt all day and I eat on the run all of the time and since taking this job about 2.5 years ago I have gained over 40 pounds. I am not getting any younger and I understand it gets harder with age so it is passed time to get motivated and make this happen.

I am trying to get another job but it isn't as easy as you may think even with over 13 years driving experience. I am looking forward to any ideas or comments.:smile:

Welcome!!

This Site is a brilliant one, interesting your doctor recommended it, this Site is becoming famous!! :happy:

I reckon you'll get motivated here, there is lots of support from others :smile:
  • Vio687
    Vio687 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much i am finding easy to use I really think this might work.:smooched: