400 lbs and I'm RUNNING! =)

Options
2»

Replies

• EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Very impressive. I can only imagine the looks you get on your running path when you blow by the skinny folk.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! I need to do the same.
  • grannybitbit
    Options
    WOW! Good job Good job! Good job Good job!
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That is fantabulous!! Keep up the great work!!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    WOW - what a great NSV, well done. And then to finish off with weights etc - you are doing so well :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: keep up the great work, hope to see more as you progress!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Today I shaved 2 minutes off my mile run! I'm now at a 10 minute mile and I still had enough energy in me to do my regular workout of weights and aerobics too! Whoop! Super excited! :tongue:

Awesome!

May I make a suggestion? If you can now run a 10 minute mile (which s something a great many adults are incapable of doing) slow it down a bit and focus on time rather than distance (eg aim to run 12 minutes, then 14, then 15) as a way of building your aerobic base. (it's the longer, slower runs that really build cardiovascular endurance)

Don;t forget to give yourself a well deserved pat on the back!
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Today I shaved 2 minutes off my mile run! I'm now at a 10 minute mile and I still had enough energy in me to do my regular workout of weights and aerobics too! Whoop! Super excited! :tongue:

Okay, you are a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I want to run, and now reading this post, I have no excuse! Good job =)
  • luckyladybug24
    luckyladybug24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I appreciate so very much all the High Fives and great advice! Now that I know I can do a 10 min mile....I'll slow it down to build my endurance so I can run the entire 5k! :happy:
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options

That is great, keep it up!:happy:
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fat or skinny, in shape or not, I have never been able to run that fast! You are a speedy little ladybug! Congratulations & keep up the good work!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Wow, a ten minute mile at 400lbs is absolutely booking it! Great work and keep it up!
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    What?! Wow that's awesome! How long have you been running??
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That is A-Mazing! I remember when my MIL was trying to come down from 400lbs, she considered exercise walking to the mailbox. And then later walking half a block. No way was she running! And I can't do a 10 minute mile, so I'm just jealous lol.

You should be super, amazingly, wonderfully proud! :)
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment!!! Great job!! :)
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!! That is amazing, congratulations!!! You are a runner!!!!!!!