Uncomfortable Stationary Bike

Options
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make the seat of a stationary bike less uncomfortable. I had to buy a cheap bike because that's all I could afford, and it's helped me to drop almost 30lbs. now, but it's super uncomfortable.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,873 Member
    Options
    1) Make sure it is set up correctly for you.
    2) Lower the handlebars a bit.
    3) Get bicycle shorts.
    4) Start riding a bicycle outside! :)
  • SuperNerd42
    SuperNerd42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! 100% on the bike shorts. You will be so glad you got them.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    In addition to what machka9 said....

Change the saddle perhaps?

Add intervals of standing cycling into your routine to provide saddle relief.
    (Take care though if your "cheap bike" isn't very stable.)
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Get a real bike as soon as you can.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    bike shorts are awesome but can be a bit pricey..a good investment if you plan on using it. You can also purchase padded cushion type cover for the seat. I find it helpful for the first few outdoor rides of the season, those tend to hurt the most!
    I have actually seen these huge oversize seats available at generic sports stores, however not all exercise bikes have seats that can be swapped out.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,873 Member
    Options
    I have actually seen these huge oversize seats ...

Those are awful!

• Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yes! The big cushy seats are the WORST Imo. I like the seats with the cut out. It's amazing when you lose weight how much harder those seats get!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Nothing "wrong" with putting a more comfortable seat on a spin bike.

You're not "going" anywhere, weight doesn't matter and it's nice to have a wider/softer seat to sit on if you're just just tooling along.

I put one on my Lemobd RevMaster Pro and it makes a huge difference during longer workouts.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Ninjaeema wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make the seat of a stationary bike less uncomfortable. I had to buy a cheap bike because that's all I could afford, and it's helped me to drop almost 30lbs. now, but it's super uncomfortable.

Ditch the tractor seat, and get a nice slim and trim saddle with cycling shorts, clipless pedals, a nice towel to wipe sweat off your face and have at it.

408752325_593612d003.jpg

8351762984_b72252c26b.jpg

11896825486_159fe6f990.jpg