never sore

Options
2»

Replies

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for over 2 years, basically doing the same thing sometimes I try a new exercise but im ALWAYS sore. It can last up to 2 days, so much so when my little Papillons walk on my thighs I cringe, lol. Never hurt myself though! It doesn't last more than 2 days.

I'm pretty similar. Almost always have some degree of soreness unless I intentionally do a lighter day. Mostly the same exercises all the time. Some parts just get more sore than others though.
    (I also have little dogs and have had quad DOMS so bad I can't stand when they walk on me lol. I've found that a weekly massage and more frequent foam rolling has helped me be less tight though.)
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Try adding more exercises to your workout. I used to train 3-4 exercises per muscle, but sometimes I add a few more exercises and you can really feel it in the morning. I.e. on chest I sometimes add flys and press-ups at the end of my workout (Exercises which I don't find difficult) but they will fatigue my muscles.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Some would say your not working hard enough, however, some people just never get sore. It all has to do with your biology and genetics. I'm always sore. I can reach for my toes and get sore from doing that. Then there are ppl who also reach for their toes and don't get sore.

I wouldn't worry too much about the soreness. If you doing the work and losing weight then there not much room for doubt.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't stimulating the muscles sufficiently?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Well that escalated quickly...

For starters, I'm not interested in being sore. In my mind, I thought going from years of basically a sedentary lifestyle to working out everyday, I would feel it.
    Apparently, I'm wrong and I'm okay with that. I was only asking a question.

I only plan to change things up a bit because I've been doing the same routine for over a month. A change might be good.

It's not that uncommon :laugh:

escalated_muppets_by_metalshadow272-d6eefsi.png