College student & freshman 15

Options
Heynah72
Heynah72 Posts: 4 Member
edited December 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I'm a full time college student that gained 25 lbs since finishing my freshman year. I'm working towards to loosing and maintaining my goal weight: 110 lbs by the end of 2017. But stress and lack of motivation, I keep gaining weight. Please help & add me.☺

Replies

• Li6erty
    Li6erty Posts: 23 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Try gym in the mornings before lectures begin. Achieves a few things including getting you up for lectures, energised, showered etc. If you do it regularly enough it'll hopefully become habit. Best of luck!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    It's also really important to log all of the food you eat. I can see how this might be tough if you primarily eat in a dining hall, though.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I bought foam earplugs and often read while I walk on the treadmill. I have to walk slow (about 2.5 mph) to be able to read, but burn 100+ calories in a hour. Better than sitting in a chair.
  • Heynah72
    Heynah72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've tried going to gym before classes but it's a little hard to be up at 5 am to go then have class at 8 am but I'll do my best! And I live off campus so money is a bit tight but I'll try to make it work!
  • Li6erty
    Li6erty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Heynah72 wrote: »
    I've tried going to gym before classes but it's a little hard to be up at 5 am to go then have class at 8 am but I'll do my best! And I live off campus so money is a bit tight but I'll try to make it work!

I see -that's unfortunate. If it takes you awhile (1-2h) to get to campus I would say it's unadvisable to try gym before lectures. After class may be a better option unless you can do it at home (save money on gym membership fees etc) before leaving for college

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    See if there are any fitness groups are available on campus. Or maybe your health center has some classes. Even if it's something like walking or yoga, it's better than nothing. Also make a point to be active during the day. Every half hour of studying, take 10 minutes to stretch and walk around. Avoid campus shuttles if possible. Simple things like that will make a difference.

Oh, I forgot one more thing. You can ask some friends if they want to start a weekly group. It can be something specific like basketball or tennis, or you can have a drawing of who gets to pick what activity each week/month. Check campus or nearby high schools and community centers for available hours at the gym.