Went on a 17 day European vacation - gained 14 lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Trust in the process, not the scale. As long as you're back to doing what worked before, the weight will come off. Just be sure to log as carefully as ever. I put on a bit of weight over the last year because there were a few periods when I was traveling and had some stress, and I didn't take it off in the intervening time because I was slacking in my logging. Now that I'm paying more attention, I'm seeing some progress.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I just got home from a long weekend in Maui and gained 4.2lb even though I was only there 3 days. While it's entirely possible I gained 1lb (thank you kahlua pork) I know that travel causes water retention as well as the saltier foods I ate so I'm giving it 2 weeks to *kitten* the damages lol.

Chances are good that a portion of what you appear to have gained isn't actual weight. Give it a few weeks to even out and keep working towards your goals.

I hope you had a great trip!
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Don't freak! I got back from 6 days overseas holiday where I 'managed' my eating but enjoyed a few extras like wine and the occasional ice cream. Gained 800 grams and now two weeks later I've finally got rid of it.
    Probably doesn't seem a lot but I'm only 3-4kg from my goal weight so it is relative.
    Just keep doing what you were before you went away and I'm sure you'll be rewarded by a sudden whoosh.
    Oh... and stressing/worrying about it is likely to assist in holding onto the weight too.
    What evil body's we have, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week. Once you're back to consistency for a couple of weeks you're body should respond.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png