Fresh meal delivery services for weight loss?

2»

Replies

• FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    kejw08 wrote: »
    I have been subscribing to HelloFresh since July. I didn't do it to lose weight but that said, it did help. It was a convenience thing but it replaced just running through a fast food drive thru on the way from work because I didn't know what was for dinner. It alone isn't for weight loss, some of the recipes are fairly high calorie (700-850, most are lower though) but it had stopped other convenience which paired with my exercise routine has helped me lose 27 lbs since July.

I'm glad to read this information. We just started with HelloFresh and I was thinking the same thing. Less stopping by fast food and eating something more healthy. So here we go...and I hope it will help us, too.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    I would never use one of those services. With a bit of planning, I can make the same meals for a fraction of the cost all on my own. It really doesn't take all that much time or energy to do. You are doing the hard part, the cooking, no matter how you go about it.
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    edited April 2017
    We have used Hello Fresh for the last six months or so, and while the meals are good, they are not necessarily healthy. For example, the HF meal I was planning on making tonight (New York strip steak, mashed potatoes, and broiled veggies) turned out to be over 800 calories and a whopping 48 grams of fat! In one meal! That is just crazy. I wouldn't expect to lose weight with a delivery meal service, unless you usually eat fast food.[/quote]

I just started Hello Fresh, too, but I note they allow you options which will drive the menu towards more friendly calorie meals. Go back and review your menu set up and see what's available and see if that will make a difference. Good luck!