SO FRUSTRATED!

I am 56 and trying to loose 20 lbs. I do 45-60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and light weights3 times a week. (I have arthritis in my hands so weightlifting not possible) I have been in DIET BOOT CAMP since October 31 (1200-1500) calories a day yet have ONLY lost 3 lbs! I am working SO hard, eating CLEAN, nothing processed. I am SO frustrated! Typical meals are Fage Yogurt, Chic Peas, Cucumbers and Dill or Sweet Potato with steamed broccoli and 2 THIN slices of cheese...big cheat is homemade popcorn DRY. I mean..I'm not exactly having a food party here. HELP COMMUNITY!!

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,629 Member
    I'm no expert but I'll share my experience. I'm 62& started June 1. I've lost 26lbs so far. I go to water aerobics & started doing lite exercise at gym recently. Some weeks i hardly lost any then some i lost a few all at once. I eat well but stay withing my calories most of the time. Right now I'm having 4.25 oz of grilled pork steak & very large zucchini. I usually have bread & potatoes every day & don't deprive myself of Lays chips & other snacks. Looks like you don't have too much to lose. There's a thread on here about why it takes slower to loose the less you have to. You are loosing so hang in there. I'm sure others on here can give you good advice
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble. It can be SO frustrating to try to lose over "a certain age."
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    For weight loss, it doesn't matter what you eat, but how much, and exercise doesn't really burn that many calories. Eating "clean" and "unprocessed" food doesn't mean anything in particular, either, it's just "noise" - arbitrary rules - focus on getting in enough of what you need, but not too much of anything: log accurately and consistently and hit your calorie and macro goals. 3 pounds is a great loss in little over a month! With so little to lose, your weight loss rate is soon going to slow down. To make sure you'll still be losing, you'll need to be accurate when you weigh and log. And be patient.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    For what you have to lose, three pounds in five weeks is actually pretty good. Especially if you're shorter, it's going to be difficult to create a higher deficit.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    if you only have 20 pounds to lose 3 pounds in a month is pretty much what your going to see. Relax and keep it up
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Three lbs in just over one month is great for the amount of weight you have to lose. You need to be patient. I lost 30 lbs when I was 50 and it took about 9-10 months. Re-adjust your expectations. You're doing well - it will take another month or more until you really notice progress. Don't give up.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    3 lbs in a month is good progress. The rate that you are going to lose at depends upon your personal stats.
    I had about the same to lose at about the same age. MFP gave me a calorie limit of around 1350/day, if I remember correctly. It can be done.
    You're doing great. Stay on track and remain patient.