Meals or snacks that taste good or that are healthy that worked for you or things u did to see resul

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,702 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Counting calories is what is going to tell you what to watch for. Peanut butter is a real eye-opener. I tried various combinations at meals and I found that I did better with a large-ish breakfast, small (100 cal) snacks morning and afternoon, soup or salad for lunch, and the remaining calories for dinner.

Soups and salads don't have a lot of calories.

It's no use to skimp at all meals because then you aren't getting enough to sustain you. I also make sure to get enough protein in every meal. That might mean eggs or Greek Yogurt added to my breakfast.

I still eat peanut butter but I watch my portions carefully.

But ManOhMan, does it ever matter what's in that soup, and on that salad!

Cream soups can easily be high calorie, or soups that are rich with fat/oil/cheese.

Many salad dressings are stunningly high calorie, and extras like croutons, nuts, seeds or cheese can add quite a few calories, too. Even sweetened dried fruit can add a calorie jolt to a salad.

Not saying those types of soup or those salad additions are "bad" in any way - some of them are really good for a person. But they aren't very low calorie at all.

Otherwise, I think the above is very good advice, and that consciously chosen soups & salads are excellent choices, too.
  • jlsjenni1992
    jlsjenni1992 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been measuring my soup I eat for lunch so I don't over eat on soup thanks guys for help
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Another idea...it doesn't sound like you eat many vegetables, which is really helpful when keeping you full. Those yogurt & mix things can be really high in calories, especially if it's one of those sweet mixes like M&Ms or even just granola. For a nighttime snack, try eating a sliced zucchini or for lunch try subbing a salad--even one piece of fried chicken can add on a lot of calories, especially if you didn't fry it yourself. I will never understand it, but premade things in stores or restaurants always have more calories than seems possible. Fibrous fruits and veggies will help you stay fuller longer with minimal calories (except for fruit).
  • jlsjenni1992
    jlsjenni1992 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like the zucchini idea .. I take medication before I go to bed and it has to be about 350 calories to be absorbed so that why I eat the Greek yogurt with the mix and I really like it too to be honest and ur right it is sweet but I'm going to replace the chicken with eggs instead but I'm always looking for alternatives to eat so thank u because I will probably want to change things up soon in the future