What do you tell yourself..?

When there's a way to go still? Hi guys I've started this weight loss journey just a little over 5 weeks ago and have lost about 4 kg (8lbs) so far, i started at 164 cm and 79kg and this morning I weighed in at 74.7 kg :) although I'm happy with the way things are progressing, I've still got a way to go to my initial weight goal of 66kg and eventually to 60 kg and sometimes I feel like I just want to get there already! And sometimes I feel discouraged especially when I hardly lost any weight this week, what do you guys tell yourself to keep your spirit up and to keep going when sometimes it may seem that your goal is still so far away? I try telling myself that any progress is good progress and to focus on how much better my body is feeling. I'm curious as to how you guys encourage yourselves? Maybe this thread can be a collection of all those positive thoughts!

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,134 Member
    Just try to take it day by day and don't get hung up on how long it will take to get to your goal.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    So heres the deal...

I was a yoyo dieter and my goal was always weight loss. This time my goal is maintaining my weight loss when I get there. So I tell myself this is how I have to eat for the rest of my life. I eat maintenance 1 day a week to help "prepare" me for the basic amount of food I can eat to maintain.

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    I'm so much farther along than if I hadn't started at all! And you began before the holidays too! Kudos to you and your obvious commitment. Keep it up! You've got what it takes!