Females that only have a few "vanity" kgs to lose

2»

Replies

• VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    The other problem with your very low calorie diet is not just having then energy to exercise but what happens when you want to stop loosing and want to maintain. I have been struggling with the same vanity kgs for 8 years now. They go off fairly quickly with VLCD but go straight back on just as quickly with even a small increase in calories, and this seems to be the case with most people. Intense exercise obviously helps but life can get in the way of that, and the older you get the harder it gets.

Its like been a mouse on a wheel constantly spinning around, gaining and loosing, gaining and loosing. Or you can get off the wheel, find a sustainable exercise plan that you can see yourself realistically keeping up for years, and eating at a smaller deficit with a smaller loss that won't jump back on at maintenance calories. I admit patience is harder to develop than muscles sometimes.
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    I'm 5'1 and 109 pounds. I want to lose about 10-15 more (I am very small framed). I really enjoy taking circuit training classes at the gym but it really is my diet that I need to straighten out. I eat too many carbs and not enough protein and healthy fats. I also think I need to eat less than what I am now.