Having a couple of drinks after excercise

Options
Does drinking a couple of alcohol drinks after exercising negate the benefits of the exercise?
A couple of days I have been below my 1450 calories for the day but I am still having those two "Happy Hour" drinks (ok maybe 3....sometimes a glass of wine after the Jack Daniels)...and not dropping any pounds. So, I guess I know what the answer is going to be from you experts ha ha.
Bob

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is just calories. It does not "negate" the benefits of exercise. If you aren't losing weight on the scale, you are either retaining water from the alcohol or not in a calorie deficit.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    hard to imagine you are sticking to 1450 calories (especially as a man - that is low) and able to fit in sometimes 3 drinks in a day?? seems like you'd have to eat such little food to do that you'd be starving all the time. and then to be not losing weight at 1450 calories (again as a man) - not possible. how are you measuring your intake?? my guess is you are eating a lot more than you think!
  • rpw733
    rpw733 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Actually, I have been following the dairy fairly close. But up until a month or so ago, I was only having two drinks and going to the gym 4 times a week. I lost 36 lbs from June 15 to around October some time. Since then, I stopped going to the gym and upped my number of drinks. So, I stalled. I am trying to kick start it again by reducing the drinks and going to the gym again. Hopefully, I will start to resume the weight loss.
    Thanks for all your comments.
    Bob