I made one small change today.

Options
I made one small change today. I now drink my coffee black, and I have been drinking it black for several days now. No more sugary sweet creamers. No, just a clean beverage that can be counted as water. coffee. I feel like this is the beginning of something big!

Replies

• mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That was my first change too! It's been a year since I've had sugar in my coffee. Keep it going!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I too dropped the creamer in my coffee, but I still add a packet of stevia. I actually enjoy it this way but I don't count my coffee as my water intake. I only count the water. I'm so full from all the water I don't drink anything else anymore. Use to be diet soda but I've now lost the taste for it after 3 months.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Good on you, I couldn't do it.

I enjoy my coffee too much to drop agave and almond/soy milk.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Great job. Coffee really is delicious. Sometimes ill mix my coffee with some sweet vanilla protein powder and make like a coffee shake if i miss sweet coffee flavor but iv now been with just black coffee to :) Yummy.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Great job. Coffee really is delicious. Sometimes ill mix my coffee with some sweet vanilla protein powder and make like a coffee shake if i miss sweet coffee flavor but iv now been with just black coffee to :) Yummy.

quick question, how do you do this without it being clumpy and disgusting?

to the OP, Great job! It's these little changes that really add up over the long run. If this is something you still enjoy and can maintain, then awesome! What a simple way to cut out some unnecessary calories.
  • SuperNerd42
    SuperNerd42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Small changes are so much more sustainable. Plus I love trying different roasts and blends, without creamers you can really taste the differences!
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Why not just use milk instead of creamer? If you're happy with black coffee then fair enough I wonder why not use the obvious alternative to something that sounds like it's full of sugar( we don't really have Creamer in the UK as far as I know)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

to the OP, Great job! It's these little changes that really add up over the long run. If this is something you still enjoy and can maintain, then awesome! What a simple way to cut out some unnecessary calories.

Take a small amount of coffee and mix it with the powder really good in a blender then mix in the rest of the coffee. My blender exploded on me a few times until i figured this out its just a small blender :p Sometimes it will still be a little lumpy but not often...The clumps arent bad tasting though doesn't bother me
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its the small changes that can make the biggest of difference :smile:
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    chunkytfg wrote: »
    Why not just use milk instead of creamer? If you're happy with black coffee then fair enough I wonder why not use the obvious alternative to something that sounds like it's full of sugar( we don't really have Creamer in the UK as far as I know)

creamer is only like 20 cals per serving, so to be fair it's not any more or less than using milk. Besides, if you're going to bother at all, i'd prefer something that tastes better. :wink:
  • rainbowbow
    Options

Take a small amount of coffee and mix it with the powder really good in a blender then mix in the rest of the coffee. My blender exploded on me a few times until i figured this out its just a small blender :p Sometimes it will still be a little lumpy but not often...The clumps arent bad tasting though doesn't bother me

interesting! :) Thanks!
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options

creamer is only like 20 cals per serving, so to be fair it's not any more or less than using milk. Besides, if you're going to bother at all, i'd prefer something that tastes better. :wink:

Fair enough. From reading the comments I just assumed it was pretty sugary and therefore not exactly in keeping with the idea of not drinking your calories.

For me personally I like my coffee with a splash of Semi-skimmed fresh milk. I used to add a sugar swell but not for about 2 years I think.
  • christinapec11
    christinapec11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My small change today is being mindful about each meal and each workout. I tend focus on the big picture and get frustrated when I don't see results. Today I have set a calorie goal for each meal.
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I remember old ads for "Coffee Mate" (cursed phonographic memory for crap jingles) and it's still around in the shops in the UK. I assume that is a "creamer". I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it though.

[EDIT] It seems the UK term is "coffee whitener", and as well as Coffee Mate, Sainsbury has own brand versions, and "light" versions of both. Calories vary between 13 and 37 per serving.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking coffee black for years, nothing to do with weight loss, but it has been helpful when losing to be able to have a cup of coffee when wanting a little something and not to have to worry about calories. Hope it works for you too!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    A lot of small steps add up, OP. Congrats for taking one!
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Great job, op. My first two cappuccinos i drink with a little sugar and, of course, half and half. Don't mind it too much since it's just two shots. Any coffee later in the day, all black, the purist way.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Great job, op. My first two cappuccinos i drink with a little sugar and, of course, half and half. Don't mind it too much since it's just two shots. Any coffee later in the day, all black, the purist way.

That's so funny. We are the exact opposite. My morning coffee is black, just as it has been my whole life. But I realized the morning and afternoon snacks I wanted so badly weren't so much about hunger, as years of conditioning. So I replaced them with a nice, relaxing cup of coffee to which I add Splenda and a little Half & Half. Makes it seem like a little indulgence and something to look forward to.