Stopping Bored Eating?

Options
Hi guys!

So the Idaho winter is here and since I work from home, I have the option of eating practically 24/7. I'm home bound and really need some tips to stop myself from eating out of pure boredom. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Find something to occupy your time? Hobbies?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Huckleberry martinis? Okay, not the best idea while working. But delicious. Do you have a home gym? Take mini breaks and plank, push ups, glute bridge, foam roller.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of water on the ready so that you can sip that instead of snacking. Keep your hands busy, if you can't use them to eat, you won't eat. Chew gum? I'm not a chewer, so it's not an option. Keep snacks in the house that won't destroy your deficit, like fresh veggies.

You have the option to eat all day - you can opt to eat too much or you can opt to eat what is necessary. It's going to take will power, only YOU can provide that.
  • SuperNerd42
    SuperNerd42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm on maternity leave right now, so the snacks are always at hand. It can be a brutal temptation!

Silly thing that works for me- when the munchies or a bingey craving comes on I drink a glass of ice water and then go brush my teeth. Nothing tastes good mixed with toothpaste! It almost always gives me time to get over the craving.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is a case of mind over matter, think before you eat, are you hungry? and how hungry are you, if its just a little, sip at water.
    Keep your meals to certain times and tell yourself, no snacking in between, unless you account for the calories within your allowance.
    Track everything you eat to keep you accountable.
    Be strong! new and lasting good habits can be formed but it will take some resistance on your behalf until you get into the swing of mindful eating.
    If grabbing high calories snacks is something you can't stop, don't keep them in the house at all - out of sight, out of mind. But be prepared with low calorie alternatives - grab a piece of fruit or munch on some raw veggies.