HRM Help

Options
I am looking at getting a new Heart Rate Monitor, my old one wasn't so great. I'm looking on Amazon at the Polar FT4, FT7, and RS100. After reading the descriptions and reviews, I don't really don't see a difference. I'm looking for advice or clarification on the watches as to which one I should get. I'm leaning towards the FT4 as it is the cheapest but I wasn't sure if I'm just missing something that the FT7 or RS100 offer.

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Granted, I have only used my Polar a few times but I am loving it. The strap fits nice under my bra, the watch doesn't hurt even when I'm doing things like pushups, and it seems to get a very good reading. I'm using KY Jelly on my strap instead of water since I heard that helps it get the rate better too. I also really wanted it because it's pink. I'm a sucker for the pretty colors.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am looking at getting a new Heart Rate Monitor, my old one wasn't so great. I'm looking on Amazon at the Polar FT4, FT7, and RS100. After reading the descriptions and reviews, I don't really don't see a difference. I'm looking for advice or clarification on the watches as to which one I should get. I'm leaning towards the FT4 as it is the cheapest but I wasn't sure if I'm just missing something that the FT7 or RS100 offer.

According to my box, the only difference between the FT4 (the one I have) and the FT7, is... it has an "energypointer" that lets you see when you burn fat or improve fitness. They both have of course the continuous HRM and track calories. Not sure about the RS100, but the Energypointer sounds like a bell/whistle. Hope this helps! Mine came with the band and watch.

(Edited for the typo)
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7 and I love it.
    The only downside is that it doesn't sync with MFP. And in the scheme of things, entering one's calorie burn takes all of a couple of seconds so its not a huge drama.
    As anothr poster said - it does have a feature whereby it gives you the amount of time in 'fat burn' and 'fitness'.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • Brendajo510
    Brendajo510 Posts: 153
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! I think that in the end, I'll go with the cheapest as it seems that Polar is a good brand to stick with.