Garmin Or Fitbit?

Options
2»

Replies

• aspencompton
    aspencompton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been using the FitBit Charge 2 for the last 2 months and I love it. HR, steps, calories burned, and so much more. I believe it to be accurate because I was using a Polar HRM during exercise and I was gaining weight even though I thought I was at a deficit. Once I got the FitBit, I saw it was showing less calories burned, I corrected my calorie intake based on the FitBit measures and am now losing weight.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love my garmin vivoactive active hr. I had a wirthings tracker before that tracked my steps and sleep etc and I needed next level when exercise bumped up. I do alot of walking and hiking fast paced. I climb stairs on my breaks. in the summer I swim. I find fitbit to be the trendy tracker but garmin is way better in my opinion. it tracks intensity minutes as well as just steps. as we know walking around daily steps is not the same as a fast paced hilly walk! I'd go garmin hands down.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My wife got us fitbit charge hrs earlier this year in May. I am on day 1 with my third tracker this morning the other 2 the bands have bubbled and started to separate from the tracker unit. My wife is on her second after her first tracker stopped charging after a month or 2 of use.

Now I will say here that fitbit customer service is fantastic in replacing defective units however the rep I spoke with seemed to believe my bands are separating due to extreme temperature environments like Kayaking in the sun and running in the cold. Now correct me if I'm wrong here but fitbit is designed to track your activity and should be durable enough to do this. If I had this decision to do over again we would both be wearing Garmin units.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pick up the Fitbit Charge 2 later today and can post my impressions of it, even though it won't have seen much use by then. My biggest hurdle has been choosing a device in a flooded market that doesn't come with a ton of options I'll never use. For me, steps/stairs/hr and sleep patterns are the metrics I want to track, and the charge 2 seems to fit that bill for a reasonable price.
  • journeyrock92
    journeyrock92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I didn't know it, but my dad ended up getting me the Fitbit Charge 2 for my birthday. So my husband doesn't have to get me one. I still haven't tried it yet, but I would like to know some results. I kind of wish I had went with the Garmin. But what is done is done. Thanks for all the helpful tips, guys! I still might switch later on, if I'm not satisfied with the Fitbit.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I just finished setting up my charge 2. Super easy setup and firmware update, the size is comfortable, but I'll be swapping out bands if I can find one made of leather or similar. I just don't like it.

Other than that, so far super easy to use. That's all I have at the moment as I've barely moved since setting it up lol.