Anyone else 5'1 trying to lose 10lbs?

Options
I'm 29 years old, height is 5'1 and I weight 136lbs. I would like you lose another 10lbs. Do you think this will take a lot longer be of the amount of weight? My calorie intake is set to 1290 .. I can't eat any lower then that. Anyone else going good through the same thing?

Replies

• kayasmama
    kayasmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 135, looking to go down to 114 (my wedding and pre baby weight). I've already lost 4 pounds in the 2 weeks I've been going to the gym more regularly (4-5x) and logging my meals. My calorie intake is set to 1570. You got this!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 years old, height is 5'1 and I weight 136lbs. I would like you lose another 10lbs. Do you think this will take a lot longer be of the amount of weight? My calorie intake is set to 1290 .. I can't eat any lower then that. Anyone else going good through the same thing?

Staying dedicated is key. Maybe try incorporating some cardio as well!
  • xenofon
    xenofon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well i am 5 2 and need to lose 20lbs, I cant seem to get started. Can you give any suggestion. Have no energy. Depressed. i feel like nothing is working.....sad and alone
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". Right now I'm eating at maintenance for the holidays, but I'll be back at it to lose some vanity weight. I'm 116 now and want to get down to 110. I started out at 210.

The key is to be meticulous in your logging, and to not overestimate your calorie burns. It definitely can be done, though.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    xenofon wrote: »
    Well i am 5 2 and need to lose 20lbs, I cant seem to get started. Can you give any suggestion. Have no energy. Depressed. i feel like nothing is working.....sad and alone

I'm sorry you're feeling down. Can you think of one thing you can do tomorrow to make a positive change?

When I first started, I wasn't in the best place emotionally either. I simply started with taking a little walk. I wasn't even trying to lose weight at the time, I just knew I need to start exercising for health reasons. Getting into that habit had such a profound effect (over time) of improving my mood that things started snowballing from there.

Don't overwhelm yourself with trying to tackle everything at once right now. Just start small. Give up soda. Or having second helpings. Take things in baby steps. And take the confidence you gain from succeeding (if you fail once, that's not a HUGE failure, the next day is a chance to do right again) and let it spur you on to try changing something else.

Best of luck to you.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and at maintenance at 105. I'd gain for muscle, but don't really want to go below 100, like I was a few months back. My goal was to gain and I've been successful.
  • connorlauren3638
    connorlauren3638 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    4ft 11 and have the same amount to loose
  • Melemur
    Melemur Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    xenofon wrote: »

I recently started a low-carb diet I myself was not having very good results when I was just counting calories so I did some research and flip it around and now I only do 50 carbs a day with one cheat day and so far I have lost about 15 pounds in about 2 months which is half the amount of what I want to news I could lose another 15 to 20 pounds so many keep going since I've had great results
  • Aliciafitnesspal21
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your response. Do you think I could go on a low carb diet.. or I still be okay to lose weight if I just eat the right amount of calories that I'm suppose to.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes, calorie counts should be sufficient.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    5ft and looking to lose 10lbs in the new year once my braces come off.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    1290 is low enough imo and if you exercise eat some of those calories back. Aim for 0.5lb a week and be as consistent as you can at tracking your meals. When we haven't much to lose being accurate at tracking our intake is vital.
    When I was in my 'losing phase' I lost 0.5lb a week eating 1600-1800 calories, I am active and 5ft 2". But even on the occasional sedentary day I still felt I needed 1400 cals minimum to feel sane. Slow and steady is a good approach and in my case it has led to lasting results - been at maintenance for almost 4 yrs now :smile:

There's no need to restrict any food groups either, its all calories in/out.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your response. Do you think I could go on a low carb diet.. or I still be okay to lose weight if I just eat the right amount of calories that I'm suppose to.

A calorie deficit is what you need to achieve. Nutrition is key. Foods you find filling are key.

Don't look at this as a diet. You'll still need to keep those 10 pounds off, remember. You can't go back to eating how you've eaten.

Do you understand how weight management works? Bodies of certain sizes need certain amounts of calories to either lose, maintain, or gain weight. When you reach your goal weight, you'll need a certain number of calories to maintain that weight. That number of calories will be less than your 10 pound lager body was using.
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 - currently at 149. Looking to get to about 135-138. Been working out at the gym (strength, then cardio). Progressively have lost 27 pounds. Slow road, but definitely can be attained. Key is to understand the scale will fluctuate, sometimes wildly. And, you may stall for a bit. But don't give up. Staying positive about your journey is very important. This is not a diet. This is not a fad. This is your life. Eat what you like (within reason) as long as it fits. Some people like low carb, some people like high this and low that... find what works for you. Foods that fill you up - very important too.

Feel free to add me (anyone can). Us shorties need to stick together!
  • Runwithit24
    Runwithit24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Has anyone jumped from eating the 1200 calories to eating back a percentage of exercise all at once? I know I shouldn't be a slave to the scale but I'm afraid of putting on weight. I exercise 5-6 days per week plus walk daily at work on my breaks. I've been eating clean I would say 80% and the scale is moving slowly but for as hard as I work out I know I have a greater potential. Many days I've been under 1200 I would say because all the protein keeps me full and I honesty don't want to eat however I bought a digital scale and will be tightening up my logging this week after being educated on using cups and spoons vs weighing my food appropriately.
  • goalsforever03
    goalsforever03 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5ft and have about 10-15 pounds to lose ... bet slow process