Is there a hot protein drink?

Options
Was feeling cold the other night so I tried to nuke my protein shake (chocolate flavoured). Big mistake as I think it just cooked and I ended up with sludge, and it was barely warm at that point.

Is there a hot drink that would replace my protein shake but not kill my calories like hot chocolate would?

Thanks

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Protein coffee.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    For protein powder, I have to mix it with some cold water first and pour in the hot water after to avoid protein powder chunks.
    Swiss Miss has hot chocolate for under 100 calories:
    https://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Miss-Classics-Cocoa-Chocolate/dp/B00CAC6XBG/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1481064884&sr=1-2&keywords=swiss+miss+hot+chocolate
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should heat up the milk first, place protein powder in a mug and premix it with a little bit of cold milk until you get a paste, then add the heated milk slowly while stirring. Add some vanilla and maybe some cocoa and sweetener (if you need to pump up the taste) and you should be good and not sludgy.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    http://thebigmansworld.com/2015/09/02/the-ultimate-1-minute-protein-brownie/

You can also try something like a protein mug cake if you're feeling a little hungry.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Bone broth! I've switched from smoothies in the morning to either bone broth or chicken soup. It usually has about 10 G protein per serving and I drink two servings worth. Its also super duper easy to make if you have a crock pot!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Fairlife 2% milk heated up plus 1.5 teaspoons cocoa powder plus one squeeze of Splenda Zero equals hot chocolate. 126 calories. 13 g protein.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I usually heat the milk, then add protein powder and chocolate. Protein hot cocoa, tada! If the protein really wants to clump I use a stick blender.
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    http://thebigmansworld.com/2015/09/02/the-ultimate-1-minute-protein-brownie/

You can also try something like a protein mug cake if you're feeling a little hungry.
    Yum. I've gotta get me some more protein powder.
    Bone broth! I've switched from smoothies in the morning to either bone broth or chicken soup. It usually has about 10 G protein per serving and I drink two servings worth. Its also super duper easy to make if you have a crock pot!
    No crock pot, but I have a pressure canner that is good for making stock. What do you put in your bone broth and how do you calculate the calories and macros? I've been using the generic USDA entry for home prepared chicken stock, but I know it is completely inaccurate.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I use hot water with my protein powder. Tastes like hot chocolate, it's delicious.
  • Trnava
    Trnava Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have protein, but my go-to warm drink (and hot cocoa replacement) is Pero. 5 calories for a teaspoon in a cup of hot water, plus the calories for a splash (or more) of milk.