How much protein, carbs and fat

Options
So I'm currently around 10 stone I want to loose weight, I find it hard to make time to get to the gym so I have to do home excersise. I would like to loose weight obviously the quicker the better but not at defcon levels!! Can anybody tell me how much protein fat and carbs I should be eating I'm around 10 stone and 5ft 2 if that helps.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    First set your calories appropriately - MFP gives/gave you a number at setup - and aim to hit that goal. If you are struggling with that, then you can look into adjusting macros.

You don't have to exercise to lose weight. Exercise is good for your health and wellbeing, but not necessary for weight loss.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Yes, set your calories first. You will not lose weight if your calories are wrong no matter how your macros are split. The MFP macros are the FDA recommendations to keep people healthy. They are not really meant for people losing weight and wanting to retain muscle mass or exercising to build muscle. If those are important, you will need to increase protein some. One of the more popular rules of thumb is 1g protein/lb LBM, 0.35g fat/lb bodyweight, and the rest carbs. Depending on your TDEE and deficit you may have to tweak those a little to make it work.
  • ShareeEmma
    ShareeEmma Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys it seems like it's going to be a try and see. I've set calories to 1200 but with eating chicken and veg, drinking green tea and water I don't seem to eat 1200 calories yet I'm not loosing any weight and my body fat remains at 29% yet it's recommended about 19% for my age and height. Maybe I shouldn't be looking the websites and what they are saying
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Is 1200 what MFP gave you or have you decided that yourself? You asked yesterday what you should do so you will not know for a few weeks if it is working or not!