Please Help - Lunch ideas

Options
Hi All

Does anyone have any nice/filling lunch ideas they can share?

I work in an office and have access to a microwave but I'm fedup of salads and soup and I always feel really hungry around now where I feel I could raid the vending machine.

Kel

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about pre-cooking some meat at home so you can take, say, a chicken breast that you can heat up at the office? This would open up your options quite a bit. I have clients who precook meats, yams, potatoes, and even fibrous veggies that they later reheat at work. I'm not talking bland stuff... either.

Heck, one of my go tos on the fly is ground buffalo chicken breast. Cook a bunch of it and then reheat later. Rocks!
  • kmaf2016
    kmaf2016 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mmm sounds good, I would do that but what would I have with a chicken breast? I'm useless at lunch ideas, good at dinner ideas though but I suppose in my head I think that you cant eat much for lunch haha! which is probably why I'm bored and hungry!

And I've just started weight training too with a PT so I feel the hunger even more....

Like today I had 2x boiled eggs for breakfast, 1x wholemeal bagel with full fat cheese and chorizo for lunch at around 12pm, then about 1pm I eat a yoghurt then 3pm I am feeling really hungry, I've already drank 3 litres of water so I cant be thirsty an then I raid the vending machine for a packet of crisps and some go-ahead slices...

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Mmm sounds good, I would do that but what would I have with a chicken breast? I'm useless at lunch ideas, good at dinner ideas though but I suppose in my head I think that you cant eat much for lunch haha! which is probably why I'm bored and hungry!

And I've just started weight training too with a PT so I feel the hunger even more....

Like today I had 2x boiled eggs for breakfast, 1x wholemeal bagel with full fat cheese and chorizo for lunch at around 12pm, then about 1pm I eat a yoghurt then 3pm I am feeling really hungry, I've already drank 3 litres of water so I cant be thirsty an then I raid the vending machine for a packet of crisps and some go-ahead slices...

Chicken breast, veggie side & a serving of sweet potato, pasta, rice or whatever. Make the veggie portion larger than the starchy side. It will fill up the plate more. See if you can find sectioned food containers. These are great to set up a week at a time. I typically bring a piece of fruit or some cut up veggies.....no excuse (for me) to raid the vending machine. Popcorn can be a healthy (salty) snack - I look forward to this after dinner.