Late night sweet tooth! Help!

So one of my biggest issues is my late night sweet tooth, where I want icecream, chocolate, candy, etc... So my question is what do you all do to help curve this craving? I try to drink lots of water but sometimes that just doesn't do it. HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks!

Replies

• ChelleyCredible
    ChelleyCredible Posts: 63 Member
    Try some fruits instead, they are sweet and juicy and much better than drinking dull water. It's so dull that it might make you actually want junk food more. So try that.
  • professorhuggins
    professorhuggins Posts: 72 Member
    I don't know if this helps you, but I have found that for me, the more savory and less sweet my breakfast is, the easier it is to resist sweets for the rest of the day.
  • Tjensen27
    Tjensen27 Posts: 3 Member
    Try the recipe of the Butterfinger Protein Shake that I've posted on 2 threads already. I think you'l like it.
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    I just carefully constructed a night snack that was very satisfying: 1/4 cup Danone Oikos 2% Greek yogurt key lime flavored with 1/2 cup fresh starberries - 90 calories
  • ChelleyCredible
    ChelleyCredible Posts: 63 Member
    I don't mean to get off topic but can I have the link to that shake? I'm always looking for protein recipes.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    You could try saving a few calories so you could have whatever it is you're craving.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Eat some Ben and Jerry's and go to sleep.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    You could try saving a few calories so you could have whatever it is you're craving.

^^ this :flowerforyou: i have something sweet almost everynight :) no reason to deprive yourself, enjoy life, make this something you can keep up :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I don't try to curb those cravings. When I started I realized I'm gonna crave late night snacks no matter what so I adjusted my day to leave some cals for the evening for something sweet.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    eat a tsp of sugar, that's what it all is anyway.
  • coffee_fiend
    coffee_fiend Posts: 49 Member
    If you can fit in the calories - have you tried vitatops? They are 100 calories each, 90 for sugar free, and if you put one in the microwave for 20 seconds ( deep chocolate especially ) it tastes *just* like a chocolate cake. Molten lava too! If you have more calories to spare, you can always add PB, or some strawberries, extra chocolate chips, whatever! Very yummy and they're filled with vitamins and nutrients. Frozen yogurt is also great! Healthy Choice's products taste like ice cream and come in a few different flavors at 100 calories a cup. I also really like yoplait's and weight watchers has some nice ice cream bars!
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    I just ad a glass of chocolate milk. I ad the calories for it....it's past midnight.
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    I don't try to curb those cravings. When I started I realized I'm gonna crave late night snacks no matter what so I adjusted my day to leave some cals for the evening for something sweet.

This!
    I also use to have a sweet tooth at night so i save extra space
  • hoffmann_maddy
    hoffmann_maddy Posts: 16 Member
    saving a few calories helps me, gives me something to look forward to after dinner. I also like sugar free ice pops for a sweet touch or skinny cow chocolates when the urge hits.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    cottage cheese and fruit (my favorite are peaches), or drink a casein protein shake.

both have casein protein which absorb slowly and are good to eat before bed.
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Well, how did it go? Did you beat the cravings into submission?
  • devinbear
    devinbear Posts: 38 Member
    I agree with what most people have said. I try to have a general idea of what I will eat throughout the day so I can always have 180-400 calories at night for my favorite food, ice cream. If I know I am going to be eating more, I work out harder so I can still have it. It is that important to me. I understand the desire, so just work it in :)
  • JCES10
    JCES10 Posts: 37 Member
    THIS ^
  • Skinny Cow! I love their products! I have a sweet tooth too, I just make sure I fit it into my daily calories... I know Im going to want something sweet at night, so I leave calories for it....
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    fruit
    honey nut cheerios
    low fat frozen yogurt
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
    fruit snacks
    popsicles