"Cook This Not That" Book

Options
OMG. Bought this cookbook last night. Lots of restaurant recipes, all slimmed down, full of flavor, quick too. I made chicken parmesan, 400 calories and in 15 minutes. Highly recommend this book to all.

Replies

• Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good to know. It's been on my list of things to buy, I just haven't gotten it yet.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    OMG. Bought this cookbook last night. Lots of restaurant recipes, all slimmed down, full of flavor, quick too. I made chicken parmesan, 400 calories and in 15 minutes. Highly recommend this book to all.

Sounds good, what is the name of the book and where did you purchase it....
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The name of the book is "Cook This, Not That". I saw it on the Doctor's show. Apparently, it's a series of books, and this is my first one. Absolutely invaluable cookbook and it has pictures. Tomorrow, I am making huevos rancheros for breakfast.

Bought it at one of those bookstores with a coffee shop.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    They are interesting books and I find them helpful for grocery shopping. You just need to pay attention to their criteria--they have specific reasons for recommending what they too, and sometimes I find the reasons for classifying some foods as "not that" are pretty arcane.

Overall, I like them a lot--and they aren't that expensive. They are like $12 at Costco or on Amazon.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    The name of the book is "Cook This, Not That". I saw it on the Doctor's show. Apparently, it's a series of books, and this is my first one. Absolutely invaluable cookbook and it has pictures. Tomorrow, I am making huevos rancheros for breakfast.

Bought it at one of those bookstores with a coffee shop.

Thanks, will look into it...
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow!

For the 4th of July, we made the

Beer Can Chicken (whole chicken, marinated in cola for 6 hours, then grilled with a can of 1/2 filled beer up its rump as a grilling stand)

Mexican Corn on Cob (whole corn on cob, par-boiled for 7 minutes, grilled, covered with a lime juice mayonaisse, chili powder and parmesan cheese)

and Grilled Apricots (fresh apricots, halfed and pitted, grilled for just a few minutes, topped with greek yogurt and fresh mint)

The best meal I've had in a very long time.