The new mind of thinking

Options
I need to know coming from a place of eating what i want and not exercising one bit. How often should I eat from 5:00am- 10:00 pm and when are the best times to exercise what are great meals to prepare for better health and fitness. MY NUMBER ONE QUESTION IS HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU SNACK AND EAT??

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The only correct answer is: whatever you're able to stick to that keeps you in a calorie deficit. You can google a thousand eating schedules based on what worked for other people. You can try on a few for size, but if they don't work for YOU, they don't work.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Eat whenever and however often works best for you, staying within your calorie budget and paying attention to your macros. The best diet in the world (if there was such a thing) would be worthless if you hated it so much that you couldn't consistently stick to it.

Same goes for working out. Do a workout you enjoy and that helps accomplish your goals, whenever it fits best in your schedule so you'll consistently do it. The best workout in the world (if there was such a thing) would be worthless if you were always missing workouts because they didn't fit your schedule, or you hated doing them.

There are a million different paths you can tread and no "one size fits all" answer when it comes to weight loss, nutrition and fitness. There are certainly a lot of bad ways to do things, but there are a lot of good ways also. There's also no rule that says you're locked into a diet/exercise routine for life because you tried it and it didn't work.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    What you could try is a week of each eating style that interests you to see which satisfies you most...then I would start on the exercise, maybe some walking or swimming, weights (whatever you are most interested in) and figure out what works for you.

We are all different and what works for me is not likely to work for you.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you want to do. I suspect that each one of us does something different.

Some prefer one meal a day
    Some like the more traditional 3 meals a day.
    Some like to snack all day long.

Some like to exercise in the morning ... others in the middle of the day ... others in the evening ... or maybe some combination.

Go with whatever works for you.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Exercise and eat whenever you want.

Meals can be whatever you want within calorie goals. There are no set goals for meals. Its trial and error. I have a very small appetite and my meals are usually around 300 cals. I dont eat bread, pasta, rice etc out of choice (not great for my ibs). I replace them with extra veg st meals which id filling and low cal. I do lots of steamed and roasted veg with various low cal sauces. Overall my tastes run to french cuisine.

Dont be fooled by super-foods or trendy things - they are generally not as great as made out. You dont need any special food.

One thing that has helped me to kick my sweet tooth is cutting out artificial sweeteners as they just fueled my cravings. I use a small amount of real sugar as required ( which is not often any more). I dont think cane sugar is much different from fancy sugars e.g coconut sugar, date syrup or honey etc. The vitamins in those are only trace amounts. Brown sugar is no healthier than white- its just flavoured with molasses.

I find meditation really helps me stay focused. I picture how i look, thinl and feel when skinny.

Good luck
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There's no magical formula for losing weight by meal timing. The only formula you need to lose weight is eating less calories than you burn.
  • ekzokoltun
    ekzokoltun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me it's always better to eat more often and in smaller portions. That way I feel nicer throughout the day. I try to stick to that but the main thing for me is still calorie goal.

I bake banana+muesli+raisins cookies, seems like a good start of the day for me. Also I keep a container with bits of chicken meat around to add it to rice or veggies whenever I want.

Not sure about the exercise timing, I don't exercise atm and I didn't research that subject.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant. Eat when you are hungry.

Also, exercise timing is also irrelevant.
  • whiskey5jda2008
    whiskey5jda2008 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's not when you eat (unless your diabetic-if you are you should seek guidance from your doctor), but what you eat, how much you eat, and the amount of exercise you get.