New Year's resolution

Options
2»

Replies

• PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I hate this concept, I hate all the new years folks who will flood my gym, and never make it past January 30th but for a full month I have to deal with their bull. Making me wait for equipment they don't know how to use properly.

It shouldn't be a single Im not doing this or that. its a life style change. Forming new habits. it takes 21 days to make a new habit or break an old one...... Most people never make it the 21 day mark... and fail.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it's so much a resolution, but I have a couple of rides I'd like to tick off the bucket list in 2017...most notably the Enchanted Circle Century Tour...

Century-Tour-28Red-River-Chamber29.jpg

2009_0813Rally0217.jpg

2cbd21917e1d4b8182ba32552886a81d.jpg

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    Jenrosa28 wrote: »
    To have a more positive attitude in life!! ☺️

I considered this too but thought, nah, that's not going to happen. Not today; not tomorrow either.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I considered this too but thought, nah, that's not going to happen. Not today; not tomorrow either.

do you mean to tell me it is not possible to be positive all the time?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

do you mean to tell me it is not possible to be positive all the time?

No?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's so much a resolution, but I have a couple of rides I'd like to tick off the bucket list in 2017...most notably the Enchanted Circle Century Tour...

That looks and sounds awesome!

I've never done a century. Well, except metric ones.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

That looks and sounds awesome!

I've never done a century. Well, except metric ones.

I haven't done a full either. I had planned to do one a couple of years ago and was thrown over my handle bars on a training ride when I went around a corner and my tire blew...I sprained both of my rotator cuffs and lost a full month of training and then had to ramp up slow...ended up doing the 1/2 and was still in some pain.

They do shorter routes, but I kind of want to do the whole circle. Generally speaking, a half is plenty good for me, but I've had this ride on my list for awhile.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    LenGray wrote: »
    Work on short stories each week.
    Send out more manuscripts in the hopes of being published.
    Do some form of exercise three times a week.
    Learn how to cook Chinese food so the restaurant down the road quits getting my paycheck...

Go on a calorie restricted diet then they won't get most of your paycheck

Um, I am on a calorie restricted diet? Not really sure what this has to do with anything?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE

.... nor should you.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Last new year was the first time I'd made a resolution- to get out of my comfort zone. I did, to a point and it was kind of fun. I plan to do more of that next year! :)
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    My new year's resolution is to reduce my posting in the boards by 3/4ths.

I am not supposed to be distracted like this..... this place sucks me in. It is addicting.

That was my plan but I just began, an annual weight riddance group; that begins the 1st & I have to finish, getting it ready; then begin recruiting 94 more members (I only have 6, thus far)! So I've been & I'll be MIA, within the forums; a lot but still on MFP lol!
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna stop dropping f-bombs.

Also, that's probably a lie.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    My new year's resolution is to reduce my posting in the boards by 3/4ths.

I am not supposed to be distracted like this..... this place sucks me in. It is addicting.

That was my plan but I just began, an annual weight riddance group; that begins the 1st & I have to finish, getting it ready; then begin recruiting 94 more members (I only have 6, thus far)! So I've been & I'll be MIA, within the forums; a lot but still on MFP lol!
    I could get by with a little help from my friends the mods ;)

I use to be a Spam Moderator, until they implemented; their new filter & didn't need me anymore!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Some years, around this time, I'll sit down with a pen and paper and write out a list of things I want to do in the coming year. I draw boxes next to each one, and check them off as I do them. It feels really good to check them off. Makes me feel like I'm doing something with my life. When I feel anxious and depressed, I remember this stuff or I make plans to finish the list, and I feel better. Sometimes I'll cross one goal off and add another one as the year goes on and I change.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I'm gonna stop dropping f-bombs.

Also, that's probably a lie.

Yeah......

Probably, huh?