Standing Desks

Options
2»

Replies

• Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The plantar facsciitis in me is screaming at you guys. There are lots of people at work that use them. They find them great for posture. I am sure there are some added benefits like losing a few more calories. Truly jealous, wish I could use one but that is off in the distance.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have had one for years and love it. I have a really bad back and sitting is painful. Don't know that it burns any more calories but I do move around more when I'm standing.

Except for right now. I had a wart removed from the bottom of my foot and standing is painful. But sitting is painful too. I think I should just go home and lie down all day (like that is going to happen).
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Further to the original question: does anyone use a treadmill or recumbent bike desk?

Our company just announced that we are getting them with our remodel! We will be able to schedule work time on the treadmill desks! I currently have a standing desk and love it, but was super excited for this announcement.

Extremely jealous! Being active at work would increase ones TDEE massively I would imagine.
    cessi0909 wrote: »
    Further to the original question: does anyone use a treadmill or recumbent bike desk?

Our company just announced that we are getting them with our remodel! We will be able to schedule work time on the treadmill desks! I currently have a standing desk and love it, but was super excited for this announcement.

I am really curious to hear what you think of it.

I'm excited about them for sure. Our building remodel started about a week ago, and we will all be working out of some of our other sites in March, but come April, I will definitely be booking time on the treadmills each day just to see if I like it or not.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I created my own standing desk set-up because I have found that after losing the weight, I ache from sitting too long. I do a lot of research online with my job so I can sway from side to side or march in place and still get my job done ...
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    ...I think I should just go home and lie down all day (like that is going to happen).

I fully endorse and support the cat lifestyle.