39 lbs down

Options
Hey all.

Just wanted to share with you, that even though it has taken me about a year, with lots of yo-yo weight loss/gain/loss, I have reached 39 lbs down.
The way I motivate myself is music, I'll turn it on, and pick up my (now) 15lbs kettle bell. I started with 10 lbs. kettle bell.
Or if I am feeling emotional, like especially angry, I will turn Skillet, TFK, Seventh Day Slumber etc on and pick up the dumbells/kettle bells, and exercise my frustration out.

I don't walk a lot anymore, but want to start back to it,
But I just wanted to say, if I can lose 39lbs, so can you. It took me a long time to realize I needed to lose weight and when I realized it, I already had been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.
Maybe you are not at the level of diagnose stage yet, or maybe you just found out you have Diabetes.
You can lose the weight too. Tap into the things that you feel passionate about, if its food, great, look up food recipes (healthy) on pinterest/Google, and I promise that they actually taste better than greasy pizza. (hard to believe right :) ) I have recently started drinking lime water. It's not easy for me to balance water intake. Either I would stick to diet pop, and have .5 glass water, or I would unhealthily drink 23 glasses of water a day...Do not go there, it becomes addictive, and dangerous.

I have learned that for getting healthy, don't think of it as a diet, otherwise you will fail; think of it as a lifestyle change.
Have a realistic goal. I know I need to weigh 150 lbs ish, but I am setting smaller goals as I go. Currently 214 lbs, I would like to get to 200. That is 14 lbs, but it's more realistic than 100 lbs.
If you set them too high, you will self-sabotage yourself too.

Chin up y'all.
You will get there,
I never thought I would, but I did.
I have the rest of my life to get healthy. Not a year, etc. I am doing this smart and healthily, because last time I did the unhealthy starving route, I caused my body massive stress and sickness.

Take care, and thank you for reading.

Replies

• Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    The part I love the most about this post is that you never gave up even though there were set-backs. Now you have learned what works and what doesn't and you will achieve your ultimate goal simply by allowing enough time to pass as your life-style change makes it possible.

Congratulations, I am sure others will draw encouragement from your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!