Ladies 5'2" 170lbs+ success stories? Calories?

Options
Need some motivation from ladies around my size, how many calories did you eat to lose? How often did you work out? Strength training? I'm going back to my strength training as soon as I get back up after this bronchitis. Other health issues got me off it for months too but I was making progress. I'm vegetarian this time around though.

Replies

• HeyAutum
    HeyAutum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started at 175 a month ago, I've already lost 2 inches on my waist and hip and around 5 pounds but I don't really weigh myself. I eat roughly 1500 calories a day. I cook most of my meals myself. There are a ton of great vegetarian recipes out there. Gym wise I go 3-5 times a week. I do cardio to get my heart rate up and strength training.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    5'2", 40 years old
    Started at 204 in April, down 50 pounds as of yesterday!
    I always stuck with 1350 calories (+/-50) until last month. Now I eat about 1450 to 1500. I go over about once a week or every 10 days to about 2000. Strength train (very light) 3 times a week.
    I have it written down somewhere but off the top of my head I've lost 10" off my waist, 8 off my belly, 6 on each thigh. 3.5 off each bicep.
    It feels fabulous. Good luck!
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 I started around 215 lbs and I'm now at 167.6 lbs. I have mainly just been using cardio but for the new year I want to start strength training. I eat around 1800 before exercise. Since I exercise 5-6 times a week I usually eat more.
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in January 2016 at 175lbs. I ate 1200 calories and started out on the treadmill then to Body Pump and then Insanity. By June I got down to 148.2lbs. I got off track over the summer and am back up to 150lbs but I am back on track and hoping to get down to 130lbs. I also worked out 3-6x a week.
  • mandalunia
    mandalunia Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and started at 287. I'm down 62 lbs so far since August. I was completely sedentary couldnt walk to the end of my block when I started. I eat between 1200 and 1400 calories per day and now walk about 7 miles per day (3 in morning 1 midday 3 at night). I eat back about half my excercise caliries and lose a pretty steady 3 pounds per week. I joined a gym recently to do a bit of light weight lifting 3 days a week but I want to do more. I'm 46 and knew I had to change. I still have a long way to go but I know we can do it.
  • jules_02
    jules_02 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started at 193lbs. I've only lost 5lbs and plan to eat 1500-1700 calories and workout 5 times a week. I've got a ways to go but makes this journey easier knowing there are similar people around my size. <3
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and have lost 30lbs so far (I started at 181lbs). I eat around 1200 calories a day, but have one take away a week where I go over my calories, and I lose about 1.2lbs a week. I'm hoping to get down to about 130, so 20 more to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!