Firef1y does 2017

Options
So 2016 has been the year when I've finally got round to doing something about my weight and health, dropping 87lb so far this year (108.7lb altogether), made exercise and activity regular parts of my life and dropped ten dress sizes from a UK 26 to UK 16. With the year drawing to a close it's time to set myself some targets for the new year.

So my fitness/weight loss plans for 2017:

After recomping for the last couple of months I'm going to start cutting again as of 1.1.17 aiming for around 5lb/month weight loss. I'll keep this up for three months or until I've lost 15lb (whichever sooner) and then spend a month at maintenance or just below, before starting another 3 month (or 15lb) cut, then rinse and repeat. Hopefully I'll lose around 45lb through the year and put on a little bit muscle, to put me at 145lb (ish)

I'd like to be able to master both burpees and mountain climbers without modifications. I'm currently using a 6" step, so want to reduce that to 3" and then nothing.

A little more ambitious, I'd like to move on from push ups on knees to full push ups. I can easily manage 3 sets of 10 on my knees, but am nervous of falling on my face with the full version. Might use a combination of a 100 push up programme (on knees) and negatives (where I just push up from ground) to build strength and confidence.

Even more ambitious, are inverted rows. I've only just started adding these in to my routine and am currently working with Smith machine (it's got to be good for something) in the 8th position for active rows (6/5/5) and then in 4th to hold myself in a plank for 15 secs x3. Although I'd like to be doing full Invert rows on the 4th position (which is at the limit of my reach when laying on floor), I'm going to be a little more realistic and set myself the target of 10x3 in the 6th position and 60 sec x 3 planks in 4th position.

Finally my strength training goals starting with my current calculated 1 RPM (from 5/3/1) after starting back at the start of Stronglifts at the end of September (I did lift before for a couple of months but then had surgery) and now completed week 3 of my first cycle of 5/3/1 on a 2 day split.

Back Squat : 51kg
OHP : 23kg
Bench : 41kg
Deadlift : 70kg

I'd like to get back squat up to bodyweight (currently 82kg but this will actually hopefully go down).
Target for OHP is a far more modest 30kg, I struggle with OHP so even this may not be possible.
Bench : 75% body weight, so current target is 61.5kg but again this should go down as I lose weight.
Deadlift : Bodyweight

I'd also like to master the front squat, which I've started working on, just getting the form right with the 10kg bar, would be nice to add some weight.

Oh and I'm entered in to a 10km superhero fun run in March, which I don't care if I have to walk half of, I just want to finish.

To keep myself accountable, I'm going to try and update on the 1st of each month with where I am with my various targets.