Looking for friends with a final 10-15 lbs to lose

Options

Replies

• sue4159
    sue4159 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well done you. Yes we sometimes forget it's not just the numbers on the scales. Looking forward to being toned
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    isinc2003 wrote: »
    None of you are losing all the weight because you still cheat and not admit it .. for the last 90 days I've lost 54 lbs Yes I'm not kidding I've gone up and down since 2011 now I'm down to 228 (from 283) and I'm near the finish line and as you can tell I've been sprinting the whole way! why? I log every ounce of food here on myfitness pal so there is absolutely no confusion or mystery as to why why why my weight just keeps going down.. I'm at 1,520 calories a day.. (not much I know) but in 90 days I've cheated only 3/4 times.. It sounds like none of you are disciplined enough to do this.. In addition I do not take the extra calories from working out.. don't! you'll lose weight faster.. as I did .. If you want a kick in the butt from a man who's ex military tough but fair.. add me as afriend..

So I'm undisciplined. Sounds about right. But cheating? When I intentionally drank champagne last night at a party, I was not deceiving myself or trying to elude the reality that I was drinking calories. I recognized that I was doing it and realized that I would face consequences with my calorie count.

Cheating implies trickery, or an intent to defraud. I am not misleading myself. But I do admit that the more disciplined person would have passed on the champagne. Or, at least, the second glass.

I'm intrigued by the idea of losing 15 pounds with you all. My goal is to hit it by March 11. I set my calorie count so I would lose 1 pound/week, with the intent to burn off a bit extra every day.

Sunny_D22, congrats on achieving something that I look forward to: seeing that your pants are noticeably baggier! I hope to join you in that experience soon.

And to whattheJKD, thanks for starting this thread.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have 15-20 left - goal is 115 lbs - taking forever - I'm down over 100 lbs so I am frustrated it's taking so long !!!! I work my *kitten* off !!!! Feel free to ad me
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Options
    I'm on the road this weekend meeting up with family. What secrets do you all have for keeping your calories in check when you are away from your own kitchen? Packing oatmeal and berries is easy, as I figured I could offer to make breakfast for whoever is hungry. But for the rest of the time: do you pack bars? Protein shakes? I am looking for helpful ideas to keep me away from mindless munching.
  • Ayalaandrew8899
    Ayalaandrew8899 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been on the same boat, I'm about ten pounds away as well.
  • sue4159
    sue4159 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just try having whatever is being served, but only a half portion. That way you dont feel deprived or unsociable.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've heard this is partly a mental hurdle... I've got 10lbs to go until my first goal, then about 15-20lbs until my ultimate goal. I just wonder what would happen if you convinced yourself you had 20lbs to lose when you only had 10.... would you find it easier? Would you fool your body?
  • ChasingChocolate
    ChasingChocolate Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Meeee! 15 more pounds would be perfect! Thankfully I still don't like how my body looks so I have the motivation to keep going!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Part of the challenge is that knowing there is no cushion without getting down to goal.
    My goal is to weigh less than I did when I was 9 months preggos --- I'm within 6 pounds of it now.
    My calories are set at 1200 per day but I have to admit to eyeballing the portions and don't weigh or measure anything. .. .so far haven't gained anything back which is a great accomplishment, I'm hovering between 117 to 120.
    It's hard to believe but I have some girlfriends who are even shorter than I am.
    If you like to be encouraging, if you both write and post to help me , I'll do the same to encourage you.
    We can do this!!!
  • graceanthony19
    graceanthony19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    isinc2003 wrote: »
    None of you are losing all the weight because you still cheat and not admit it .. for the last 90 days I've lost 54 lbs Yes I'm not kidding I've gone up and down since 2011 now I'm down to 228 (from 283) and I'm near the finish line and as you can tell I've been sprinting the whole way! why? I log every ounce of food here on myfitness pal so there is absolutely no confusion or mystery as to why why why my weight just keeps going down.. I'm at 1,520 calories a day.. (not much I know) but in 90 days I've cheated only 3/4 times.. It sounds like none of you are disciplined enough to do this.. In addition I do not take the extra calories from working out.. don't!

1) The post makes you seem at best, hyper agressive, at the worst, crazy. Here's why:
    2) you say you've lost 50ish pounds (you're not even kidding!) you wrote that as if you thought that fact would astonish everyone in this thread. Whelp, if you read the thread, you'd see that there are ppl who have already lost that much, if not more.
    3) your cal goal is 1520 a day, which you seem to think is a big deal. Pinky promise that there are ppl on this thread whose goal is equal to or less than that.
    4) you say you are near the finish line. So are ALL THE PLL ON THIS THREAD. You are in the same boat as them. No better than them. But for some reason you are speaking to them like you think you know better. Your post reads as super condescending, but you have no justification to be so.
    5) it's unsafe to eat below 1200 cals. If you excersize and your cal in/out dip below that, eat them back to at least 1200. Don't trash your matabolism for the sake of getting thin quick.

I know you are just tying to help. Maybe in the military you got used to tearing ppl down to motivate them. Tough but fair-- I get it. But youre making some assumptions about our grit and motivation that are NOT fair. You don't know us.

This community is about positive reinforcement. Not arrogant condecention.

This! Exactly this!
  • jevelynr3
    jevelynr3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is me exactly. Less than 10 lbs away from my goal weight but constantly fluctuating. I log everything, exercise regularly, most days have a calorie deficit, but do cheat every now and then. I have a husband that I think is addicted to cheat days, always bringing treats in the house. So it is super difficult to resist all the time. Anyone feel free to add me... it's such a big help having support on here when it's lacking at home!
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me. These last 10-12 lbs are a bear. If you only log food and don't comment, please don't add. Looking for support, not just "under calories for day ".
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. These last 10-12 lbs are a bear. If you only log food and don't comment, please don't add. Looking for support, not just "under calories for day ".

This - 100% :o:):):D

vebl6t1ti7q4.png

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yes I have 3.5kg (8lb) to go, but man that is a slow road. Keep going up to 10 lb to go on a regular basis.
    I do see change in body shape as my weighttraining is kicking in but the scale is not cooperating the way I'd love to see. I see it as practicing my patience :smiley:
    Feel free to add me
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I have 20lbs to lose to take me down to sub 6% bodyfat. I will be aiming to lose this in 16 weeks.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Options
    ^ Totally agree with Melawesomes regarding the power of positive reinforcement! Very well said.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    I've heard this is partly a mental hurdle... I've got 10lbs to go until my first goal, then about 15-20lbs until my ultimate goal. I just wonder what would happen if you convinced yourself you had 20lbs to lose when you only had 10.... would you find it easier? Would you fool your body?

Personally, getting to within 10 might make it easier. Sort of a 'you've come this far, almost there, let's push it through and get it done' mentality. For me, 20 is still a big number.

I like how you have 2 goals, an immediate one, and then a long-term one. I was looking at the calendar yesterday and did something like that, too. Where I want to be on 12/31, and then where I want to be on 1/31. What's your timetable for your first 10?
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Options
    Total abandonment of all discipline last night. I ate everything: cheese, crackers, cereal. And I'm finding that I do not feel like doing any exercise on the morning after a binge. Which makes calorie counting harder, for those are the 'pure' days -- no way to earn a few more by putting in a solid cardio effort.

The goal today is to drink lots of water and eat lots of veg. I need to regain my balance.
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stay on "maintenance " until the new year too many temptations and I know it's mental at this point! Just can't lose sight that this is a temporary state at th moment. Being away from home makes losing weight even mor challenging