What's something new you recently got that you're excited about?

Options

Replies

• lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I got this neat landmine sleeve thingy that I can stick into weight plates for a base. Before I was just sticking it into the 45s and was getting more anxious about it popping out and crashing into my stuff.

Also, got a legit squat pad. No more chopping up dollar store pool noodles! :grin:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I got a yoga mate that for Christmas
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fleece lined running tights and a headlamp. Both are awesome for cold, night running
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    agusia_b wrote: »
    Fleece lined running tights and a headlamp. Both are awesome for cold, night running

I have fleece lined leggings, but they're not comfortable & cause chaffed skin on my thighs, so I usually just layer up. But, how do you brace yourself for the cold in a run? My body isn't completely used to running cause it's been a while since I ran. I usually try to aim for night runs since there's less traffic around, but the fog has been rolling in this week which is making it colder out and harder for me to go out there.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Wigwam running socks. Super comfy and dry.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Wrist wraps. Knee wraps next.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    11 whole pounds of vanilla-flavoured whey isolate powder. coulda been a disaster as it was my first purchase online and in bulk, from a site whose products i'd never tried. but i love it so couldn't be happier.

protein-acquistion chore: done. at least for the next six-ish months. that feels so good, idk what to say.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    A Garmin Virb camera.

Hoping to get some decent video on my Half Marathon in the morning

And the image quality from stills is excellent, with the video being good. As I had it in a head mount it's pretty shaky, but very clear video, solid audio pick-up.

The only snag with the head mount is the weight on the front of the head. The golden rule with endurance races is nothing new on race day, so this may not have been the best idea but I'm really glad I gave it a good long outing.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Anxiously awaiting as I write the arrival of the book Strong Curves. I'll finally have a PLAN to follow at the gym not just plopping myself on whatever machine cuz it looks effective!
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Canicross equipment for me and my dog. It's so much more fun running with her, I'm trying out a lot of new trails instead of plodding around the same boring road circuit that I always used to.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Versa Grip knock-offs.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    The book "The Barbell Prescription - Strength Training for Life After 40" by Dr. Sullivan and Andy baker - two huge people in the Starting Strength website world.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Indoor cycling trainer...that was actually back in October, but it's paying dividends now that winter has set in.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Enve SES 4.5 AR

I'm picking them up on Saturday! :smile:

4.5AR_Main_5-800x532.jpg

I've wanted Enve wheels for years. These cost more than my bike.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My weightlifting shoes, but they are a Christmas gift so I can't use them yet. Hurry up Boxing Day!!!
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I bought some weights today. They were on sale for Christmas. I grabbed the last set for $7 :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'm getting snowshoes under the tree. Given how much snow we've got this season, they are going to get a lot of use very soon.
  • SuperSaiyanGoddess86
    Options
    traded my samsung gear fit in for a Samsung gear fit 2 for free at best buy
  • supersimonesquirrel
    Options
    I have some kettlebells that I bought last year, have started seriously working out with them now - Soo much fun. Think I was enjoying cardio much more in the Summer, Winter is for weights for me hahaha :-)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Seeing as how most of the spring clips at my gym don't clamp down on the bar very well, I ordered some Greenten locking collars. Pink, of course - to match my gym bag, MP3 player, and earbuds. Much better, now. B)