Help with progress photos

Options
courtneyfabulous
courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Not the correct place to post I know but wasn't sure where to ask...

Does anyone know how to keep myfitnesspal from squishing the photo when you post a progress photo in a status update?? They always come out more squat and squished in an unflattering way. I work hard to lose weight but when it posts the picture swished down like that it makes me look wider than I am....

I'm on an iPhone if that makes a difference? Anyone else have this issue or know how to keep it from happening?

Replies

• HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Random tip, and not sure if it will work... but screenshot the picture in you camera roll, and use the screenshot version. That sometimes worked for another app that tended to squish :smile:
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    Random tip, and not sure if it will work... but screenshot the picture in you camera roll, and use the screenshot version. That sometimes worked for another app that tended to squish :smile:

Thanks for the suggestion - just tested that out and no it still squishes. Hmmm...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    It may be that the pics are just too big. I use an app called 'image size' on my iPhone and resize all pics I post to no wider than 600 dpi.
    (Keeps the load time shorter when I am on my phone too.)

I don't post to status update though, just forums and groups.

Cheers, h.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    I'm having the same issue...try taking the pic a bit further away.

Not the issue I'm having... the photo looks fine on my phone and any other place I post it to, but when I post it through myfitnesspal it gets slightly squashed/distorted.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    I guess I could use a photo editor to pre- squish it the opposite way? But I was hoping it's just a setting I need to adjust. Or something.