30 day shred?

Hey guys. I started 30 DS today. Ouch! I'm hurting already. Anyone else start today? Maybe we can do it together! Also, is there a way to log it as exercise on MFP? Thanks everyone, have a great night!

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Great program. It'll get results fast. Are you a part of the 30 Day Shred group yet? That's the best way to see if someone is doing it at the same time as you. There are people there who will be on all different parts of the program.
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Hi there! My first time starting the Shred I could barely walk for 3 days after. It was pretty discouraging. It wasn't at all like that good pain that lets you know you did a good job. It was JUST pain.
    I've stopped and started the program at least 5 times. I always got lazy/bored/whatever and gave up, BUT tomorrow is day 9 or 10 for me so I'm finally going to graduate to Level 2 and I'm very proud of myself. I've read level 2 is incredibly hard, but I'll try my best.

As far as logging it, I use my HRM and burn 175-215 calories. Of course the burn will be different for everyone, but I've read if you don't use the HRM, put it under circuit training in the database and that should give you a close estimate. Good luck to you and congratulations! I hope you can walk tomorrow :)
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Put it under circuit training, I'd join you now, but I'm already on day 17.

I'd have to disagree with it being actual pain though. If you are feeling that though, slow down, choose smaller weights, or even no weights and keep pressing through. I already have great results, I promise it works!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    I love it, but i find on level 3 if i don't take rest days (or use it on my rest days from jogging) that my knees start to hurt... i don;t wear shoes while doing it, i think htat might have an impact
  • jveabim33
    jveabim33 Posts: 2
    what program are You using?
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Hey guys. I started 30 DS today. Ouch! I'm hurting already. Anyone else start today? Maybe we can do it together! Also, is there a way to log it as exercise on MFP? Thanks everyone, have a great night!

I recently started. I was soooo sore the second day : that I took a couple days to heal. I am on Level1 Day 4. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • sassyd99
    sassyd99 Posts: 54 Member
    I am finished with day 15 today! Do stick with it. It might not show scale-wise but I am feeling more toned and stronger!

and since I just figured out how to post pictures....

9315280826_9d9fc5cf11_m.jpg
  • Whoa! There's some motivation! Thanks. Day 2 in the books. I feel like jello.
  • I'm using the Level 1 video. I got it off youtube.
  • Jenikki322
    Jenikki322 Posts: 14
    I'm going to start 30DS again tonight. I've also started/stopped a few times. But, I really enjoy the workouts and now I need to get back into gear! :laugh: Bring on the pain! LOL!!
  • alwilson1974
    alwilson1974 Posts: 28 Member
    I am in...I started this morning too! I have started and stop a couple of times, but I think I will start back mixing it in with my other workouts. I put it in as a circuit training in MFP. Good luck everybody!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    I'm in a group that started July 1 (taking weekends off, which is nice for a break or for making up a missed day during the week). It seems like there are new 30DS groups starting fairly often (I thought I saw one starting July 15, and one starting in Aug maybe?) It is nice to have a support group to keep you motivated and to compare the experience.

Just finished my workout today (as I missed one during the week) ... it was Level 2 Day 5, which puts me right smack at the mid-way point!

Oh - and everyone says to take measurements and pictures before you start! You want something other than just the scale for a before/after comparison. Good luck! *Ü*