Weightloss with Injury/Sickness

Options
I was 205 lbs at 5'6" when I caught C Diff and was suddenly violently sick for four months. If you know anything about C Diff, you know that it's an intestinal disease that can kill you if you aren't careful. No one was testing me for it because I caught it seemingly out of nowhere. Usually, C Diff is something caught in a hospital. But I was never hospitalized. After three months and thirty five pouds lost, the doctors finally figured out what it was. Another five pounds and one month later, I was declared C Diff free.
The bad part is that C Diff is easy to catch once you have it once. About a month ago, I caught C Diff again. I'd gained back ten pounds before I caught it this time and now I'm attempting to count calories and my water drinking in an attempt to stay healthy. I want to lost a few pounds, but this isn't the way to do it.
With C Diff, I also have a back injury that doesn't allow me to exercise much. I've been trying to eat healthy and walk as much as possible, but some days it seems impossible to really reach my goals.
So I'm wondering what you do. Anyone with a sickness or injury that's impairing their weight loss/ health goals, let me know what you do and how you deal.

Replies

• EricaKrist0627
    EricaKrist0627 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am so sorry to hear about this, but I would like you to know how brave you are. I do not know practically anything about C Diff, but from what you've noted it sounds horrible! I have suffered stomach conditions all my life, most notably being intense nausea and vomiting. It has impacted my weight in that I usually only eat cookies or crackers or pasta, because they were the only things that "feel good" on my belly. I tried a vegan diet and it only lead to worse nausea and vomiting, and by eating less of the foods I LOVE gave me the same horrible results. I would love to be a part of this group to see how everyone else handles this, as it is truly exhausting. Thank you for making this group!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without exercise. Just do the calorie counting. C diff sounds horrible.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I would stick with the calorie counting. C diff is nasty. I have Crohn's disease which puts me at higher than average risk of getting it every time I take antibiotics (I'm immunosuppressed so I go on antibiotics a lot).
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Hi, so sorry you've been so ill, hope you feel better soon :/ I've been sidelined since the beginning g of Oct with a torn triceps tendon and have been able to keep my weight stable without being able to do any meaningful exercise by sticking with my calorie goals. I'm not losing but not gaining either, so I figure I'm ahead, especially considering the holiday season. Best of luck to you!