Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Healthy skeletal Key to insulin sensitivity, energy metabolism, and weight management?

Options
GaleHawkins
GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
lifeextension.com/Magazine/2011/8/The-Little-Known-Link-Between-Bone-Health-and-Total-Health/Page-01

There are 84 references at the end of the article for more info.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts on it? To get the ball rolling while others catch up.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    I just read this after getting back my first CRP test results at came out just a bit on the high side this week. Right now I am reading

https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4258669/

@nutmegoreo have you heard/read about C-reactive Protein testing and its value?
  • nutmegoreo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    CRP testing is an indication of inflammation. It's non specific. My lab manual is a little old. I would have to look up newer resources for current data.
  • GaleHawkins
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Being 65 and living with Ankylosing Spondylitis for 40 years my level of .37 (USA)/3.7 (UK) I guess could be expected. I will keep studying how to lower CRP levels and retest from time to time. I just wish I had learned about this test years ago. Thanks to MFP posts at least I knew to as for the test this week.

Moved to reading this article.

drkaslow.com/html/c-reactive_protein.html
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    The ESR used in conjunction with the CRP is more helpful. CRP can be elevated by inflammation or infection. What I'm seeing is that it is better to use as ongoing monitoring, rather than a single point. They have also looked at it as a possible cardiac marker to predict MI.