Big belly and chicken arms

I'm at my ideal weight but just a weird shape I guess. I look pregnant after every meal

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,792 Member
    Um, is there a question?
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    Do you work out a lot? Strong abdominal muscles or none? Lift weights or just do cardio? Check out the fitness section of the community too.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Lift weights and eat in a slight caloric deficit.
  • alida1walsh
    alida1walsh Posts: 72 Member
    No question; just observation. Though I do miss the flat tummy I had until my early 40's.

Put on 25 kilos when I was preggers with twins (all out front) and never bounced back. Also pushed out the base of my rib cage. My rib cage now clicks out of place when I do sit ups.

Just one of those things like having big feet and small ears.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    My ideal weight left me a little disappointed when I finally got to it. So I adjusted goals, kept a small deficit at .5 to 1lb a month and am still hitting the weights. Goals are not written in stone.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I thought chickens had wings not arms? :)

An observation as a fellow 50 something.....
    I found my "ideal weight" in my 50's was lighter than it was in my 20's & 30's.

You can't change your frame and your genetics but you can change your musculature.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Yeah... I'm lower than my ideal weight but still not portioned right either... my arms need to be at least an inch and a half smaller than they are compared to my small waist ....and everything else... I've been consistently weight lifting in a deficit (as mentioned above) for a month now and hoping for the best. :-) We will see!!