I'm losing weight but doesn't look like it

Options
2»

Replies

• krystlepon
    krystlepon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I try my best not to be discouraged by not seeing the difference. I'm down 29lbs. My clothes are a little more loose but still don't see it. I think it's in my head. People always ask how much I've lost because they notice. I really should start keeping up with measuring. I keep telling myself 20 more pounds but I keep wondering if that's going to be enough to make me happy.
  • therealdanscottmfp
    Options
    shaaye11 wrote: »
    I'm still losing like I said. It's I'm wondering if I should also be going to the gym if I want to see the weight coming off.

The gym is only 25% of it. You will reach any goals of weight loss in your kitchen and by the food you consume and how much of it. Stay focused! It takes time. I started my journey 3 years ago and it took almost a year before I seen any real results. Don't give up.
  • kymberleykennedy
    kymberleykennedy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that, if the scales don't move but your waistline decreases you're probably losing fat and beginning to build muscle which is great
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce nor target specific fat areas even with the most amazing workout schedule

Fat loss is like drying out a sponge, you can't squeeze out one corner only

Fat loss is from the number of calories you eat; health is from your nutritional balance; fitness and muscle tone is from your progressive training
  • irandra23
    irandra23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! Hearing those visuals and hearing I can lose the weight and not go to the gym is great I don't like going , I prefer swimming or other activities that I plan to look into ! I've only lost 7lbs so far and I doubted I would be able to see it , just wondering if others could during their weight loss journey. I don't see it yet but I already feel better. So that's motivation right there !

I can totally relate with this. I don't like going to the gym i feel like its such a burden but from reading many posts on weight loss on mfp and my past experience with weight loss. I can see that the calorie deficit thing really does shed fat. I guess gym comes in to give you the muscles and make your toner.
    My doc said i have to exercise because am diabetic... so i think i may have to add some work out sessions.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I'm still losing like I said. It's I'm wondering if I should also be going to the gym if I want to see the weight coming off.

The gym is only 25% of it. You will reach any goals of weight loss in your kitchen and by the food you consume and how much of it. Stay focused! It takes time. I started my journey 3 years ago and it took almost a year before I seen any real results. Don't give up.

Exercise is a nicety. A calorie deficit controls how much you lose.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @irandra23 I am a diabetic in remission from significant weight loss. Exercise helps burn off your excess sugar so is an excellent method of control. Is there a part of your day when you feel sleepy, dragged out? Exercise before that feeling kicks in. That might mean doing a few rounds of stairs at the office right after lunch. Or a walk around the block. Any exercise will do and if it is something you enjoy, chances are you will keep doing it.
  • irandra23
    irandra23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    thanks @jgnatca... i enjoy skipping and aerobics i will try and include that in my week.