Healthier Snacks On The Go

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for quicker healthier snacks/alternatives, or just "favorite" healthier snacks in general?

I currently make hard boiled eggs, have some common fruits and veggies ready to take on the go, and have some pumpkin seeds and healthier nuts. I am often running from job to job, getting home from work late, and am a snacker in general so I'm trying to find more ideas for healthier options. I don't want to get "bored" of what I have and fall into bad habits again. And ideas or favorites please let me know!

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    cheese stick, protein bars, energy balls, veggies with hummus, baked or popped chips, apples and peanut butter, popcorn, trail mix, rice cakes, smoothies, sandwiches, yogurt, oatmeal i dunno... I feel like anything can be made into a portable snack lol
  • alannanielsen
    alannanielsen Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you just little Foods like those are what I'm looking to try and find a variety of. Thanks for the list!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Baby carrots, cheese sticks, popcorn, and trail mix are my go to snacks.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 852 Member
    Popcorn, calzones(I make vegan ones that are good at room temp), cheese sticks, nuts, jerky, granola, broth, little baggies full of salad, sliced cucumbers, baked sweet potatoes (cook them then let them cool and wrap in foil= insta-snack).

Really, it all depends on what foods you like and what your nutritional goals are. I personally use my snacks to flesh out my macros, especially protein and carbs, since I tend to have high-fat foods when it hits meal time.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    i just bought a few flat tins of sardines. currently the idea of wanting to eat them is almost ridiculous, but 2.5 years of lifting has made me pretty sceptical about my own ideas of what i 'will' ever want to eat and what i wont'.

the protein hit for even just half a can makes it pretty likely there'll come a day where the only thing that's going to make me happy will be a sardines-and-brown-bread kind of thing, so there they sit and their day is coming.