Getting back on MFP & trying to overcome depression

Options
Hello guys! I have been on my fitness pal for a few years now, before my wedding in March 2015, I lost a total of 40 pounds by eating healthy and excerising regularly. A few months after my wedding, I was able to obtain my dream job which at times can be stressful as I am always on the go. I began picking up bad eating habits again by eating consistent junk food daily and excersing less often. I constantly find myself saying my previous motivation was the wedding dress and here I am a year and half later gaining 20 pounds back. From this moment on, there are no more excuses and I can't let the winter blues get the best of me. It's time to commit to a lifestyle change once and for all. Feel free to add to support each other, together we can do this

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    OOO, wedding dresses are so pretty! Can you post a pic? You did it before so you can do it now!!
  • markg6668
    markg6668 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ah yes... The motivation is SO important. Especially when you're happy! I lost about 40lbs just in time to be at my 1st goal weight for 1/1/15. Yay me! Then I was up 11lbs on 1/29/16. I then buckled down and lost 17lbs by 6/10/16. Now I'm back up 13lbs today and am buckling down again.

Motivation is something I haven't figured out yet... As I'm typing this I'm realizing that diligent healthy habits may be the key to include ALWAYS tracking, which I stopped doing for a while, and "preparing" and planning for the things you want. Such as wine or chocolate cake...

One thing always remains though... NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIT'R DONE! :)
  • helocat
    helocat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was there too. In 2013 I was killing it with crossfit 3x a week and eating clean. Then my work demand went up and I let it all go. Three yrs later time for me again. Make this new journey about you and the daily positive gain even if just small wins of making time to eat right each day.

Keep at it. If the wedding dress was the last motivator, make buying a new outfit when you hit your target be the next one.

Between us MFP people I am not Mr. GQ. But when I hit my goal I am going to use a personal stylist and have them help me get new casual cloths for a new look. Part of the new me.

Find your new me!
  • mcallister1012
    mcallister1012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the support !
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me!
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    im right there too i obsess over it for a while then "oh this cant hurt " and it just adds up till you no longer care at all. working at a pizza place and having no real kitchen dosnt help which i know isnt an excuse but here i am again i think that im going to use items as goals like i have things on amazon i have had on the want list forever
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Depression is so hard to get past. I hate it and its keeping my from continuing my shape uo. I need to get past that first I think. Am I right?