Uh Oh, The Holidays

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
Because The Holidays can be stressful.

Post whatever helps you get through them.

Replies

• cee134
    Options
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    A good outlook on life and general love of holidays get me through. No stress here.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    A good outlook on life and general love of holidays get me through. No stress here.

Great!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Avoiding the mall. I didn't realize how helpful this is!
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I can't get into Christmas this year. It's really sad as Christmas is my most favorite time of year. I'm angry and stressed and just can't seem to shake it. No amount of Christmas music or tree decorating or parties is making me feel better. Sucks.
  • cee134
    Options
    I can't get into Christmas this year. It's really sad as Christmas is my most favorite time of year. I'm angry and stressed and just can't seem to shake it. No amount of Christmas music or tree decorating or parties is making me feel better. Sucks.

:)
    2lw7p2wvcd3o.gif
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

:)
    2lw7p2wvcd3o.gif

Ok, I admit this made me laugh ;)
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

This kind of for me as well. Except I'm not angry I get more sad than anything. I hate to be negative though. So this also helps.

giphy.gif

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Listening to classical music/podcasts, exercise, playing games, cleaning, having a plan, not doing things with toxic people, spending time with dh and dd, having fairly low expectations.
    My mom died just after Christmas a few years ago. Christmas just has not been as fun or happy since. I just get through it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I love the holiday season...December 11 is always a rough day as it is the anniversary of my dad passing three years ago now...but other than that, I love December and experiencing the magic of Christmas through my 4 & 6 y.o.'s eyes...
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Listening to classical music/podcasts, exercise, playing games, cleaning, having a plan, not doing things with toxic people, spending time with dh and dd, having fairly low expectations.
    My mom died just after Christmas a few years ago. Christmas just has not been as fun or happy since. I just get through it.

Whats a DH and DD?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

Whats a DH and DD?

dear husband/dear daughter
  • MrStabbems
    edited December 2016
    Options
    oh man the internet has ruined language. I can just about cope with tbh, lol and imo..

internet will soon be

alphabet-pasta-4782587.jpg
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options

:/ Big hugs. :/
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Dancing-Santa-Reindeer-Funny-Christmas-GIF.gif
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    oh man the internet has ruined language. I can just about cope with tbh, lol and imo..

internet will soon be

alphabet-pasta-4782587.jpg

Ikr!

Oh you cheeky devil, I see what you did there.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm having a wonderful Christmas season, but know it can be difficult for a lot of people.

So, here's something to make you giggle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbUGwA_woCE
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    I'm having a wonderful Christmas season, but know it can be difficult for a lot of people.

So, here's something to make you giggle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbUGwA_woCE

Here's another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EIbWjkimAs