Hi and help!

Hi all,

I've decided that following a bit of a traumatic year of doing no exercise, and not paying much attention to what I eat, I need to lose a stone.

A full stone isn't actually necessary, but I'd like to, and I'd still be well within the healthy range. I'm currently 134lbs at 5ft 6, and I'd like to build muscle and drop fat.

I'd like some opinions on how long I should allow. I have joined the gym, and am going approx 5 times a week. I'm doing around 20miles in total on a mix of cycling, cross trainer and treadmill, and am about to introduce some strength training.

I'm unsure how many calories I should be aiming for really, but it looks like about 1600. Should I be eating exercise calories back? I didn't plan to.

When I was at my fittest last year, I was approx 123lbs, so I'd really like to at least get back to that. I've made big changes in my eating too, I've largely cut out processed carbs (I feel 10x better immediatley every time I do this, I really should stick to it more). I am eating loads of fresh veg, and trying to stick to cooking from scratch too.

Thank you :)

Replies

• zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,713 Member
    Eat half your exercise calories back is the general rule of thumb.