Liposuction.. Really????

Options
swati37
swati37 Posts: 145 Member
Hey friends.

Just need a piece of advice..

I visited a friend after 2 months or something and was amazed to see the all together different her... Slimmed and totally different. No signs of any extra fat...
She had undergone a liposuction procedure..

Does that really help... Isn't self belief and natural ways better to loose weight.. Is getting in shape so important that you do a permanent damage to your beautiful body?

after seeing her i myself wanted to get the procedure and get rid of the huge buttocks i am left with after 1 year of continuos training.
But is it really worth it??
Any comments ??
suggestion

Replies

• giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    Where did she go for it and how much?
  • greatwestescape
    Options
    We all feel differently about our own bodies but you're a very good looking girl. Personally i think you look wonderful!
  • swati37
    Options
    Where did she go for it and how much?

she went for her buttocks and love handles..
  • swati37
    Options
    We all feel differently about our own bodies but you're a very good looking girl. Personally i think you look wonderful!

Thank you very much dear.. But a huge butt is a disappointment every morning....
    do u think it looks really bad...
    IMG_2880_zps589d09d4.jpg

IMG_2742_zps2ae6ea7c.jpg
  • kkdelduca
    kkdelduca Posts: 73
    Options
    Oh my goodness no. I wish I had a booty like that. It doesn't look too big or anything.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Woah - I'd kill for a butt like that! Mine is basically a tiny extension of my back :laugh:

I think you look great! Personally I love the Beyoncé/Kim K type body, so I think you're very lucky!

Personally, I'd get down to the BF% and clothes size I wanted, and would only really get lipo if there was one last area that wouldn't budge... Or if I had like loose skin etc. I would consider a fat transfer from my stomach to my boobs, because I don't have any of those either and the idea of implants freak me out!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Also, if you're still trying to lose fat, that should really eventually go from every area of your body. You may still have a 'larger' behind, but I don't see that as a bad thing!
  • swati37
    Options
    Also, if you're still trying to lose fat, that should really eventually go from every area of your body. You may still have a 'larger' behind, but I don't see that as a bad thing!

I feel the big behind makes me look fat from the side...

Yes i am still trying to reduce the fat percentage in my body.. I have been doing a lot of strength and lifting off lately.. Probably i think i would give another 6 months to lifting and loosing naturally...
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Thank you very much dear.. But a huge butt is a disappointment every morning....

Huge? It's nowhere near huge! You are too hard on yourself. Anyway, if you want to look even better, start lifting, squat does miracle for your booty
  • swati37
    Options

Huge? It's nowhere near huge! You are too hard on yourself. Anyway, if you want to look even better, start lifting, squat does miracle for your booty

lolzz... Thank u friends.. this is really helping me lifting my morale... wow i already feel so much better about myself now..

Yes i have started lifting and doing 60 sqauts daily to tone up... I still have to loose a lot of fat percentage all over my body... so it might even get my butt measurements little lower.... ..
  • ghostrider1970
    Options
    lolzz... Thank u friends.. this is really helping me lifting my morale... wow i already feel so much better about myself now..

Yes i have started lifting and doing 60 sqauts daily to tone up... I still have to loose a lot of fat percentage all over my body... so it might even get my butt measurements little lower.... ..

squat heavy, go for something like stronglifts 5x5... Your butt will turn into marble ;)
  • swati37
    Options

squat heavy, go for something like stronglifts 5x5... Your butt will turn into marble ;)

How much wieght shd i try to put on..
    i started with a 5* 3 kgs and today pulled on 20 kg*3 .. do u think i shd try a little heavier
  • ghostrider1970
    Options
    How much wieght shd i try to put on..
    i started with a 5* 3 kgs and today pulled on 20 kg*3 .. do u think i shd try a little heavier

Increase the weight until you feel that the last rep is really the LAST rep ;)
    And if you're worrid about becoming to 'bulky', give a look here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1045433-women-lifting-heavy-with-pics
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Whenever I hear of liposuction I think of Legally Blonde.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Liposuction is a waste of money. Wouldn't you rather be proud of your accomplishment of losing weight on your own and not being ashamed to tell everyone how you did it? That's worth it to me.
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Having seen how they actually do the procedure... ugh..NO WAY! Even if I was rich and could afford it.

Plus, I always believe it's better to do these kinds of things on your own...make yourself self reliant for fat loss. But whatever, each to their own!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Considering the fact that you can die from the procedure?

Hell no.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm playing with the idea. Even when I'm in the best shape I'm capable of, I still have saddle bags that bug me. It would be a mini procedure for those areas. But I would never use it for substantial fat reduction that exercise and diet would fix.That is is big procedure with risks of ugly results and as another poster pointed out, death.
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Liposuction is a waste of money in my opinion. I understand that you are considering it, I did too not that long ago. But I really think it's not worth the price or the pain. I'll get the sore muscles plus the sweat anytime over this.

Even if you decide to do it, you probably will find another thing that you do not like about your body that you will be willing to change. And you still might not be satisfied with your buttocks. I say keep on training, and maybe change the exercises you are doing for something more butt oriented. Maybe get a session with a personal trainer. I swear you can achieve the same results without going under the scalpel, and you will feel so good about yourself.

What will you tell your friends/relatives when they ask how you lost the weight? "Oh, I just had liposuction" or "I sweat my butt off"?
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different.

As the MANY "spot-reducing/toning" posts in these forums will prove, sometimes there's just a stubborn area of your body that won't budge. For me, I have saddlebags and I have since the moment I hit puberty (even my 2 year old daughter is already starting to form that shape). Even thin, the outsides of my thighs at the bottom of my butt jutt out like nothing you've ever seen. It's just bone structure + where my body holds the fat. It makes it impossible for me to buy pants that properly fit, because with a 20+ inch differential between my butt and my waist even the "curviest" jeans slide down and look terrible. You can't even alter clothes enough for that kind of mess (I've tried).

So, someday, when I've had this stubborn baby weight off for good for a few years, I'm considering it. Just enough to make me proportionate and make my clothes fit properly. It's a personal choice, and not one that anyone else has the right to judge.

ETA: I just wanted to also add that I agree with a few other posters in that I (personally) wouldn't use it for overall fat reduction that diet and exercise can address. That's too risky and too expensive, IMO. But, I think for "finishing touches," so to speak, where you're at the body fat % that you want but there's one or maybe two areas of your body that just don't look the way you want no matter how much fat you lose, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.