How do you find your maintenance calorie intake?

Options
Title says it all lol

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Use the guided setup on your MFP goals, and select "maintain weight"
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    use the tools of mfp
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you want a total number rather than a base from MFP to which you would add exercise, use a TDEE calculator to find an estimate. Eat that amount for 4 weeks and log your weight each day. It may be helpful to calculate a rolling 7 day average. Then check to see if you have lost/maintained/gained and adjust your calories up or down accordingly until you stay within a small range, weight-wise.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Take your intake from your weight loss and slowly tweak it until you find where you level out. When you see no change in your weight then you have reached the Holy Land. Note: there is a normal weight fluctuation we all have. You may be down a pound or two or up a pound or two within a certain window. When you venture steadily outside of that you are eating too much or too little to maintain.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You can use a TDEE calculator or just look at what your rate of loss has been and add those calories back...personally, I just went with my own data.

Maintenance actually ended up higher than what I thought it would be though as I "reversed dieted" and my metabolism kicked up.