How long it took you for the last 10lbs ?

Options
Just curious as it seems impossible to lose the last 10lbs ...:(

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »

It depends on your level of leanness...
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Im not that lean ...

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Im not that lean ...

If you're not particularly lean, it shouldn't really be a big deal...usually where things become difficult is when you're already pretty lean and looking to get leaner...like a guy who's say, 12% BF trying to get down to 8% or something.

I gained about 10 Lbs while injured this fall and I'm taking it off at a rate of about 1 Lb per week...I'll be right around 12-14% when I'm done which is my easy to maintain "sweet spot"
  • Untilproud11
    Options

Im not that lean ...

If you're not particularly lean, it shouldn't really be a big deal...usually where things become difficult is when you're already pretty lean and looking to get leaner...like a guy who's say, 12% BF trying to get down to 8% or something.

I gained about 10 Lbs while injured this fall and I'm taking it off at a rate of about 1 Lb per week...I'll be right around 12-14% when I'm done which is my easy to maintain "sweet spot"
    Does being short affects too?
    Thx

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months. I was fairly lean going leaner. I lost a good chunk rapidly at the beginning, then the rest at about .25-.5/week. When you are are short, lean woman, you don't have much playing room for a deficit.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If I calculated correctly it took my roughly 7-8 months to get from 132 to 122 lbs.

It was definitely the hardest part for me and sadly (due to poor logging and choices) the part I am doing again. *sigh*

edit: I wasn't particularly lean (I will see if I can find pics), but I started having a harder time sticking to a deficit so I alternated between weeks at a deficit and weeks maintaining to keep my sanity.
    The pics are kind of reversed there, but the one on the right is around 132 lbs. The ones on the left are around 122 lbs. I say around, because I don't have enough time for me to look up the exacts (and still be able to edit this post). The differences on the left two are mostly just lighting and hydration levels seeing as they are exactly 5 days apart.

cbft6fygd7mz.jpg
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Probably at least 6 months, I'd have to look back at my records to be sure. It is harder to create enough of a deficit when you have only 10 lbs to lose. A variation of even a few hundred calories per day can make all the difference. The recommended rate is .5 per week. I'm not losing even that fast now, but it's ok.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It took me about 9 months. I'm pretty lean.....
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Wow i never thought weight loss will slow down this much ...
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    The body r e a l l y wants to hold onto that last little layer of protection.

Add to it that you admit to not being consistent and accurate in logging. For me, that was necessary.

I ate every meal at home. Logged every single thing. Exercise five days a week for 45 min to an hour. Had a spreadsheet. Watched my macros like my life depended on it. Didn't snack. Dessert one time a week.

It's not easy. I'm in the low/middle of my BMI healthy weight now, and it still is a balancing act. I want to eat more, but my past logging and records prove to me I cannot.

Thanks for sharing this. I think (?) I've got 10-15 to go. I saw 129 briefly and then bounced back up to 133. I think I should be 120. I've been in the 130's since September. So slow ... but good to know others go through this and appreciate seeing your approach.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If I calculated correctly it took my roughly 7-8 months to get from 132 to 122 lbs.

It was definitely the hardest part for me and sadly (due to poor logging and choices) the part I am doing again. *sigh*

edit: I wasn't particularly lean (I will see if I can find pics), but I started having a harder time sticking to a deficit so I alternated between weeks at a deficit and weeks maintaining to keep my sanity.
    The pics are kind of reversed there, but the one on the right is around 132 lbs. The ones on the left are around 122 lbs. I say around, because I don't have enough time for me to look up the exacts (and still be able to edit this post). The differences on the left two are mostly just lighting and hydration levels seeing as they are exactly 5 days apart.

cbft6fygd7mz.jpg

May I ask how tall you are?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    brwelch1 wrote: »

cbft6fygd7mz.jpg

May I ask how tall you are?

I'm 5'4.5". I guess that makes me about average height.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It's probably going to take me the rest of my life.
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    It's probably going to take me the rest of my life.

Lol me too
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    On a slight tangent; how have you decided on your goal weight?
  • VirtualMellie
    VirtualMellie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started back in Oct at 197lbs.. I wasn't calories counting... Only exercise. Then I was injured and wasn't able to work out for a few weeks.. came across MFP about 2 weeks ago and started it at 185lbs without any cheat days or cheat meals I'm currently 180lbs. I think for me, being very serious about staying within my calorie goal is very important.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I started back in Oct at 197lbs.. I wasn't calories counting... Only exercise. Then I was injured and wasn't able to work out for a few weeks.. came across MFP about 2 weeks ago and started it at 185lbs without any cheat days or cheat meals I'm currently 180lbs. I think for me, being very serious about staying within my calorie goal is very important.

Were those your last 10 lbs?
  • bbell1985
    Options

Im not that lean ...
    Wow i never thought weight loss will slow down this much ...

Yeah, if you are not too lean it might not take as long. I have a decent amount of muscle and it can literally take me months to see the scale move. Often I'll get physique changes before it even moves. When I was less lean and going from slightly overweight into a healthy weight category, it didn't take that long. It was a pretty standard .5lb per week loss, though not linear.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!