Eggs turn me off now..

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Has it happened to anyone else? That makes meal planning so much more difficult. Sigh.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I got bored with them for a while, but now I like them again.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I ate soft boiled eggs almost every day for months and now can't stomach them. I've switched to scrambled or hard boiled for now. Are you disliking eggs in all forms or cooked a specific way?
  • Francl27
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I ate soft boiled eggs almost every day for months and now can't stomach them. I've switched to scrambled or hard boiled for now. Are you disliking eggs in all forms or cooked a specific way?

Any form sadly lol.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    D you eat tuna? I've found that mixing an egg with a pouch of tuna and some mayo and pickle relish takes away the taste and texture of the egg, but I still get the calories and protein.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

Any form sadly lol.

Boo. They are such an easy breakfast. Do you like cold chicken? That's a substitute that I use in the morning sometimes (leftover roast chicken) since it's a good protein on its own. I like cream cheese and peanut butter but they don't have as much protein for the calories, especially when you factor in a bagel or toast to put them on.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Unless eggs are well-mixed into/hidden in something, I just can't even. They smell like sulfur and it's creepy how they turn solid and gelatinous when they're heated.
  • Francl27
    Options
    D you eat tuna? I've found that mixing an egg with a pouch of tuna and some mayo and pickle relish takes away the taste and texture of the egg, but I still get the calories and protein.

Ugh nope. Lately it's been rough, I'm hungry but can't even think of what I'd want to eat. Mornings are especially rough because I need to find something that won't tank my blood sugar and it just completely sucks, lol!

I like cold chicken, I'm actually roasting some chicken quarters tonight... My go-to lately has been a huge batch of brown rice and black beans but it's just not enough protein.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Yup. Then I take a week off and they are good again. I usually switch up how I cook them too. Boiled, fried, poached, scrambled, soft yolk, hard yolk, etc, etc.
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy making tofu scrambles for breakfast. Same concept as scrambled eggs, except you mix in some crumbled, well-seasoned tofu with whatever other add-ins you like and saute them all together. Just a thought if you are looking to branch out!
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Do you like greek yogurt or cottage cheese? Or suck down a scoop of protein powder with liquid of choice... : )

I have chickens and I love them and their eggs but i get tired of the white gobs occasionally.
    I will bake a potato and top it with greek yo or cottage cheese and salsa for breakfast some times.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I only eat eggs once a month
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've hated eggs since I was a kid. It is the one food I dislike that I wish I could eat, but they make me want to gag. Always have.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I've hated eggs since I was a kid. It is the one food I dislike that I wish I could eat, but they make me want to gag. Always have.

I'm like that with Mac-N-Cheese. I puke every time.

OP I hope I don't get to that point. I eat eggs everyday and I can see myself getting burnt out from the smell alone. Try the suggestion with mixing it with Tuna or Chicken Salad.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

I'm like that with Mac-N-Cheese. I puke every time.

Mac-n- cheese is fine, but Kraft Dinner doesn't agree with me.

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, 2-3 every morning, usually scrambled. Or fried over easy sandwiches, or with steak, or on a hamburger, or egg drop soup...I could easily do half a dozen a day if I let myself.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I got that way with canned fish recently. I blame tuna, but even the fattier fish I loved weren't doing it for me.

I ended up switching it out with rotisserie chicken because the last time I got sick of tuna, I ate canned chicken (actually pretty good to be honest).
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i never could eggs. but i can crepe, if that helps you any? ` 1 egg to every half-cup each of flour and milk, so not monster protein but something. and you can make the savoury with various cheeses and such although i personally just go straight for the cinnamon-sugar dusting.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Surely you can't hate eggs in pancakes?